Equipement change

Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Equipement change

I think my next flight (DL185, 14 april, ATL - PVG) will have an equipment change, it is any place to see what will be the new plane ?
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Why do you think that? It's a 777 and doubtful that'd change.

Are you reading the schedule for the flight and see a note that says equipment change? If so that's because DL185 is a direct flight MCO-PVG with a stop and equipment change in ATL.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:34 am
Original Poster

I think it will be a equipment change because I flight with my daughter and I try to change our seats,
for the last 24h it is impossible to change seat.
It is seat to sell (more than 9 in economy),
I call Delta Diamond line, and they say me I cannot access the seat, because it is highly probable it is equipment change.
All other seat on my travel is available.

I have a concern they will change for the new 772 layout, and we will lost our "excellent" Comfort+ seat.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
It's Saturday evening-Sunday. Seatmaps always get locked/look funny. It can have nothing to do with the PVG portion of DL185, changes to the MCO-ATL portion will also cause it to get locked.

Never go by what you see on Saturday evening/Sunday.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Seat maps for that flight this week and next week all show the 77L (pre-refurbished) configuration on that route.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin
Seat maps for that flight this week and next week all show the 77L (pre-refurbished) configuration on that route.
I have see this,

But, if you try to "book" a flight on this flight, it is availability.
But when you try to see what seat are available, it is none you can "select". Same thing when you try to change your seat after you made reservation.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by FBplatinum
I have see this,

But, if you try to "book" a flight on this flight, it is availability.
But when you try to see what seat are available, it is none you can "select". Same thing when you try to change your seat after you made reservation.
As someone said up thread. Saturdays into Sundays is when DL often implements schedule changes. This often leads to seat maps becoming locked out/odd looking, despite availability. Check again Monday morning.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:58 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
It’s baffling to me how agents, *especially* agents working the DM line, aren’t educated enough to advise passengers of Saturday being their schedule change/updates day, and instead just throw out lines like “oh, it’s most likely your aircraft is changing.”

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.