FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   posting miles from China Eastern flights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1964182-posting-miles-china-eastern-flights.html)

anbhc Apr 5, 2019 7:33 pm

posting miles from China Eastern flights

How long does it generally take for posting miles from China Eastern flights. My DL Skymiles number was on the boarding pass

Bowgie Apr 6, 2019 12:16 am

My miles on a recent China Southern trip posted after about 8-10 days. However, two China Eastern trips from last fall never posted, and after a month, I had to fax in my MU boarding passes to Delta in get the miles credited. The Skymiles number was printed correctly on the MU boarding passes beginning with "DL", but the miles did not post.

All three trips were booked on Orbitz, and my ff number *was* entered on Orbitz correctly and to "DL". What I think is happening is that the two Chinese airlines try to credit to their own ff program, not the one I entered at booking.

Before I flew the last trip, I looked up my China Southern reservation on Garuda's website. (The web site allows you to enter a different airline's ticket number after it fails to find it as a Garuda flight using the reservation number.) My ff number was correct, but shown as being credited to China Southern's ff program. I changed that to "Delta Skymiles". Got a confirmation e-mail from Garuda Airlines informing me of the change and showing the corrected ff number and program. Delta Skymiles later posted correctly.

If your China Eastern flights do not post after a month, follow-up with Delta. Don't wait too long; you only have six months to claim missing Skymiles. It used to be a year.

MarkCron Apr 6, 2019 8:09 am

My trip in March .... outbound took 7-8 days, return took 3-4 days.

FBplatinum Apr 6, 2019 12:04 pm

Most of the time (or around 10 or 12 flights) is 5 to 6 day's.

bsagator Apr 6, 2019 12:46 pm

My trip in February was 3 days outbound and inbound. I was pleasantly surprised. I also flew KL that trip, and that was only 2 days.

Tomphot Apr 6, 2019 2:09 pm

Mine all posted within 2 days. Obviously, you never know.

anbhc Apr 6, 2019 3:54 pm

posting miles from China Eastern flights

Thanks for posting your experiences. My China Eastern outbound flights was April 1st and has yet to post and my return flights are today.

loratliff Apr 6, 2019 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by anbhc (Post 30972733)
Thanks for posting your experiences. My China Eastern outbound flights was April 1st and has yet to post and my return flights are today.

Give it a few more days. Mine have all posted within a week, but I've had a friend who's had to call multiple times... Finally got posted about a month later.

FireEmblemPride Apr 6, 2019 9:32 pm

Mine have taken about a week or so to post in the last year or so. My latest flights were taken back in February; before that, November. The November one was actually ticketed by AF, and there were no issues there, either.

anbhc Apr 7, 2019 9:37 pm

Thanks all. Took exactly 7 days for the miles to post

zippy the pinhead Jun 8, 2019 10:57 pm

I don't see any provision in their mobile app (the English version) or their Web site to put in FF numbers from other Skyteam carriers. I don't want to leave miles orphaned with MU, but would rather send them to KE. Tell them at check-in, or is there a wiser way?

Tomphot Jun 9, 2019 4:54 am

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead (Post 31184282)
I don't see any provision in their mobile app (the English version) or their Web site to put in FF numbers from other Skyteam carriers. I don't want to leave miles orphaned with MU, but would rather send them to KE. Tell them at check-in, or is there a wiser way?

i called them before the flight and had the number added. I then called again to make sure it was there.

zippy the pinhead Jun 12, 2019 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Tomphot (Post 31184752)
i called them before the flight and had the number added. I then called again to make sure it was there.

That is wise. Can it be handled after the fact, with a boarding pass? A family member will be on a group reservation, so we don’t get the PNR until they check in for the flight.

flyerCO Jun 12, 2019 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead (Post 31197138)

That is wise. Can it be handled after the fact, with a boarding pass? A family member will be on a group reservation, so we don’t get the PNR until they check in for the flight.

As long as name has already been submitted you can call without PNR. Just need flight number then.

KOTAR1988 Jun 12, 2019 10:54 pm

I just returned on a six leg trip on China Eastern using IFLY.com. on business class They only gave me an option to the china eastern FF # on the payment paid....the customer service just to enter your Delta Airline#, and 4 week later, no miles or MQD'd. Wrote Delta and they said there showed be an area to record it. There wasnt. Delta said they couldn't do anything. Any suggestions?