Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

posting miles from China Eastern flights

posting miles from China Eastern flights

Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by KOTAR1988
I just returned on a six leg trip on China Eastern using IFLY.com. on business class They only gave me an option to the china eastern FF # on the payment paid....the customer service just to enter your Delta Airline#, and 4 week later, no miles or MQD'd. Wrote Delta and they said there showed be an area to record it. There wasnt. Delta said they couldn't do anything. Any suggestions?
I just returned from a RT to China in MU biz class (fare class I+J). It took around 3 days to post the miles. So I would assume the protocol between these two carriers still holds.

Then to your situation, are you still holding the boarding passes? If you do, does your DL FF# show up there (DL xxxxxxxx)? As a DL PM you should also see 'sky priority' and 'elite plus'.

My hunch is that MU used your DL FF# as their FF#, thus it cannot be credited to Delta.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
I don't see any provision in their mobile app (the English version) or their Web site to put in FF numbers from other Skyteam carriers. I don't want to leave miles orphaned with MU, but would rather send them to KE. Tell them at check-in, or is there a wiser way?
You can also go to Garuda's site and pull up your flight info there, where they allow you to select DL and enter your ff#. This has been the best workaround for me, so the boarding passes show DL and ff#, as well as correct I-J-J-I fare classes. Miles have always posted correctly within a few days after flights.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
I recently flew MU JFK-PVG-KUL and back. Outbound posted within 4 days, return took a tad bit longer, but was there within a week of if I recall correctly.

I make sure my Skymiles number is showing in the boarding pass and I keep those until the flights have posted.

At KUL on the return. I used the SkyPriority lane, got the seat I wanted, and boarding passes. But my FFN wasn't showing on my BP. I asked the agent to check and make sure it was there, it wasn't, so they added it.

As long as the FFN is in the pass you should be good. It might not post automatically, but requesting credit should be easy after the flights.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
MU REALLY, REALLY wants to assign a MU FF# to your booking. When I book the flights on MU's website and input my DL or FB #, magically at checkin it is still never there - but a new MU number is.Just give them your card, check to make sure the number status is on there and in about 5-6 days it will post. Still, always save your BP until they post.5 years ago 50% of the time you still needed to send the BP's to AF or DL - now, generally it still posts.. Interestingly, CZ is a problem still in my experience on DL, but on FB the miles post the next day. Very strange, but AFKL and CZ do have a JV.
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by CoMooter
MU REALLY, REALLY wants to assign a MU FF# to your booking. When I book the flights on MU's website and input my DL or FB #, magically at checkin it is still never there - but a new MU number is.Just give them your card, check to make sure the number status is on there and in about 5-6 days it will post. Still, always save your BP until they post.5 years ago 50% of the time you still needed to send the BP's to AF or DL - now, generally it still posts.. Interestingly, CZ is a problem still in my experience on DL, but on FB the miles post the next day. Very strange, but AFKL and CZ do have a JV.
Maybe it's just me, but their Web site doesn't seem to be very user-friendly. Poking around, I found they have an "Eastern Miles" companion site, and one of the settings available through that site is "Identity Automatic Recognition," which auto-routes miles to a China Eastern FF account. I gather that setting it to "Non-autoaccumulation" is the way to go if you don't want mileage accrual via MU miles.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL PM,
Originally Posted by COYG
I just returned from a RT to China in MU biz class (fare class I+J). It took around 3 days to post the miles. So I would assume the protocol between these two carriers still holds.

Then to your situation, are you still holding the boarding passes? If you do, does your DL FF# show up there (DL xxxxxxxx)? As a DL PM you should also see 'sky priority' and 'elite plus'.

My hunch is that MU used your DL FF# as their FF#, thus it cannot be credited to Delta.
You are absolutely correct. Sadly, DL by phone and e-mail would not credit it to my DL # saying that MU credited the flights, so my guess is someone got my credit. Too confusing sometimes. It was a tough lesson to swallow, however, the only way forward is to avoid consolidator sites., although the price for business was good.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
You are absolutely correct. Sadly, DL by phone and e-mail would not credit it to my DL # saying that MU credited the flights, so my guess is someone got my credit. Too confusing sometimes. It was a tough lesson to swallow, however, the only way forward is to avoid consolidator sites., although the price for business was good.
I'd call back and explain you dont have a MU FF. It sometimes takes a couple communications before you get someone that actually knows what to do.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 1:23 pm

I wouldn’t give up. I had a similar situation happen when I flew FACT-CDG-ATL the Paris to Atlanta route posted fine but the Cape Town to Paris said no miles would be credited and I found out after emails, calls and Twitter messages that the check in desk issued a new ticket in Cape Town and miss typed my sky miles number; at least that’s what they told me happened . Was a mess for a few days but eventually it worked out.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:35 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Not really. I also got cheap J tickets from skyscanner. Third party agents might get the number wrong but you can always correct it by calling MU, by checking in at the airport, or even correcting it at the gate. The only thing that matters is the final boarding pass you scanned to board the plane. As long as your DL FF# is showing up there correctly you'll be all good to get the miles.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:34 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Any concerns with booking Priceline MU tickets and getting Delta credit?

Found a Priceline fare that was a few hundred below MU's site. Will ensure my Delta number is in the reservation but anything else I should be aware of?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TTT
Any concerns with booking Priceline MU tickets and getting Delta credit?

Found a Priceline fare that was a few hundred below MU's site. Will ensure my Delta number is in the reservation but anything else I should be aware of?
Only issue is if in a fare class that doesnt earn.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:01 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Only issue is if in a fare class that doesnt earn.
Booked in I/J so listed as earning on the Delta chart.

Ticket shows on MU's Ticket Validation service and I was able to use their seat selection tool to pick some seats.

I guess only concern is getting into a situation where I need to submit the receipt from Priceline to Delta and Delta pulling the "no Priceline.com" bookings from their T&Cs. Probably over thinking it (and I know the PL.com clause is specific to the name your own price).
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:04 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bowgie
Before I flew the last trip, I looked up my China Southern reservation on Garuda's website. (The web site allows you to enter a different airline's ticket number after it fails to find it as a Garuda flight using the reservation number.) My ff number was correct, but shown as being credited to China Southern's ff program. I changed that to "Delta Skymiles". Got a confirmation e-mail from Garuda Airlines informing me of the change and showing the corrected ff number and program. Delta Skymiles later posted correctly.
Can you walk through this a bit more. I tried on Garuda's website with the MU PNR which then presented an option to search via ticket number. I enter the 781 ticket from MU and last name but didn't pull anything up (also couldn't get anything on the Saudia site). Was there any trick with your last name that you needed to use?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by TTT
Booked in I/J so listed as earning on the Delta chart.

Ticket shows on MU's Ticket Validation service and I was able to use their seat selection tool to pick some seats.

I guess only concern is getting into a situation where I need to submit the receipt from Priceline to Delta and Delta pulling the "no Priceline.com" bookings from their T&Cs. Probably over thinking it (and I know the PL.com clause is specific to the name your own price).
I have had no issues caused by going through priceline.com for MU purchases and claiming DL miles.

In this case you are using priceline as a vanilla OTA. The fare is a normal published fare from MU (though only offered through limited channels).

When I did have issues, they were always when I failed to insure I had my DL FF# on the MU ticket as I checked in. So verify that at check-in even if you previously verified on the web.

I was never asked for a receipt or BP from DL to fix this when I did have an issue. I submitted my ITN and they could verify I was on the flight,
Old Jul 15, 2019, 10:21 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by exwannabe
I have had no issues caused by going through priceline.com for MU purchases and claiming DL miles.

In this case you are using priceline as a vanilla OTA. The fare is a normal published fare from MU (though only offered through limited channels).

When I did have issues, they were always when I failed to insure I had my DL FF# on the MU ticket as I checked in. So verify that at check-in even if you previously verified on the web.

I was never asked for a receipt or BP from DL to fix this when I did have an issue. I submitted my ITN and they could verify I was on the flight,
Great - thank you. That's good to hear! I was surprised at how much cheaper Priceline was vs. other OTAs but the limited channels thing makes sense.

I called MU this morning and added my DL number. Will make sure it's there at check-in as well. Also have a print out of the Ticket Validation system from MU's website. Hope that's enough should there be any problems.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.