Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Booking a connection as two, one-way legs

Booking a connection as two, one-way legs

Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pianoman109876

this is fascinating! How do you find this??
Expertflyer lets you do fare searches for up to a year in the past to see older fare filings.
Pianoman109876 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aliquot
I thought this was just for milage tickets.
International fares also generally have Max Permitted Mileage (MPM) distances rather than specific routings specified.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Aliquot
The ATL connection isn't a legal routing only for the specific fare. I dont know why DL agents couldn't book the higher fare classes that do allow this connection. It is available for $1005 on the days I searched. Bookable through any good travel agent or Priceline as one ticket.

Not that I would reccomend paying that much when there are other options....
ATL is not a legal GRR-ALB routing for any fare, all the way up through full fare F. Looking at matrix to confirm, all of the ATL connections flights are on separate fares, but yes, outside of DL.com you can book as one ticket.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Ya but GRR-MSP-ALB is almost the same length and it's legal. 2x would disallow both MSP and ATL as connections. 3x would allow both MSP and ATL as connections. For MSP to be allowed and ATL to be disallowed, the cut-off would have to be something like 2.42x. That would seem like an unusual rule to me. I think it's something else
Using actual mileage, a cutoff of 2.5 would distinguish them (2.33 vs. 2.507). Or it might be something else (allow only the shortest if over 2?)
Old Apr 27, 2019, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
UPDATE:

I had a terrible experience on an Albany/DTW regional flight a week or so ago. Wrote in to Delta and again complained about the lack of options and told them I would be switching to another airline for my Albany->GRR travels. This was probably the third complaint Ive made to Delta.

I went to check booking options today and LO AND BEHOLD, an Atlanta connection is again listed as LEGAL.

Im SHOCKED (and hoping this isnt schedule-change-Saturday shenanigans) but it seems my complaints were listened to and the route reinstated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.