Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Award flight baggage fees on KLM operated flights

Old Apr 2, 19, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest, United, American Airlines

I have a flight coming up that I bought with Delta Miles.
The first segment is operated by Delta (JAC-SLC), the second and third segments are operated by KLM (SLC-AMS, AMS-MXP)

I have two bags, the first bag is free since it's international, and I have the option of purchasing the 2nd bag for $70 through KLM, but the problem is that KLM is only letting me purchase that 2nd bag for the flights they operate (SLC-AMS, AMS-MXP)

Will Delta charge me an additional baggage fee for the first leg that is operated by them? (JAC-SLC)

Should I wait to buy the 2nd baggage fee at the airport from Delta so that I'm not possibly charged twice?
Old Apr 3, 19, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by petomoo View Post
I have a flight coming up that I bought with Delta Miles.
The first segment is operated by Delta (JAC-SLC), the second and third segments are operated by KLM (SLC-AMS, AMS-MXP)

I have two bags, the first bag is free since it's international, and I have the option of purchasing the 2nd bag for $70 through KLM, but the problem is that KLM is only letting me purchase that 2nd bag for the flights they operate (SLC-AMS, AMS-MXP)

Will Delta charge me an additional baggage fee for the first leg that is operated by them? (JAC-SLC)

Should I wait to buy the 2nd baggage fee at the airport from Delta so that I'm not possibly charged twice?
Ignore what KLM is selling. You will check bags in with DL, who will tag bags all the way to MXP. You will pay DL for the 2nd bag and will pick it up again in MXP.
Old Apr 3, 19, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest, United, American Airlines
Thanks for the response!