Delaware Airlines

Old Apr 3, 19, 8:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Delaware, Delta, Delhi, Della, delay, whatever. The beginnings of the words all sound the same.
Old Aug 15, 19, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, DL PM, Marriott Plat Elite, Hertz Pres Circle, National Exec Elite
It might have been a virtual airline. Also, some airlines merge or fold before they start flying; this could have been an example of that

​​​​​
Old Aug 17, 19, 4:25 pm

Programs: Delta PM/2.8 MM; Hertz PC; Amtrak Guest Rewards; Marriott Rewards Silver
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR View Post
There actually is - Wilmington, DE (ILG) is capable of commercial operations and even had service as late as 2015 from Frontier. But the airport currently has no commercial service.
Before Delaware Route 1 (a freeway/tollway highway between Dover and Christiana Mall (junction with I-95)) opened, to beat the tolls on I-95 between Baltimore and Wilmington I would cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and drive US 301 and US 13 up to the Delaware Memorial Bridge on the way to New York City or Atlantic City. New Castle Airport (ILG) was on this route; it is about 2 miles south of I-95 on the west side of US 13. It has a terminal the equal of many regional airports on the national network (AZO comes immediately to mind), and two runways (1-19 and 9-27) over 7,000 feet in length This airport never became a secondary commercial airport for the Philadelphia market (central city Wilmington is 30 miles south of central city Philly).

Search this Thread