Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Domestic First class dress code

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If this was not an April Fool's prank, the sole restriction for those traveling on non-industry, e.g. "buddy" tickets is clearly set out in the COC and applies equally to all calsses of service. Boarding may be denied

"[w]hen the passenger’s conduct, attire, hygiene or odor creates an unreasonable risk of offense or annoyance to other passengers."

So long as your suit, shirt, and tie all match, there should be no issues.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
No shirt, no shoes, no service
eeb100k likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:23 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I was flying mainline Delta out of JFK. I was sitting next to a young 20-something in Row 1. He had just flown into JFK from Tel Aviv in Delta One. He owned a small chain of specialty gyms, I forget where exactly.

The FA said to him:

Can I hang up your hoodie?

I laughed... and so did he and the FA.

ijgordon, cre95, hi55us and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:34 am

Too posh? Asking for a friend.

Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Gentlemen should wear a Tuxedo and ladies long dresses. Decorations and jewels optional.

Tiaras should be removed if using the emergency slide in case it tears (plus you don't want to lose a slew of diamonds on the runway)
Tsk tsk. Black tie only after sunset.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Gentlemen should wear a Tuxedo and ladies long dresses. Decorations and jewels optional.

Tiaras should be removed if using the emergency slide in case it tears (plus you don't want to lose a slew of diamonds on the runway)
A dinner jacket with black-tie is only appropriate after 5 p.m. If ladies are wearing tiaras then gentlemen should be in evening dress with white-tie.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
I have actually flown Delta F tieless.
The Purser/FA working First class should haven taken care of that problem, they usually having a selection of ties available for lending for 1st class passengers.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:41 am
Formerly known as scootr29

What if my thong is showing?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta, AA, Marriott
this is a designer french outfit can it be worn that is see through
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Stephan Richard
I am flying next week and I was wondering if I will be denied my First class seat if I show up at the gate wearing a hoodie or golf shirt with a pair of Golf Shorts? Can someone please clarify the first class dress code that Delta uses.
April fools day was yesterday
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
No shirt, no shoes, no service
Are men required to wear shirts on DL flights?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Prem, UA Silver, Delta GM
I have actually seen (back in the day, I don't remember if Delta, but I believe it was) a FA tell a passenger to turn his shirt inside out to be able to remain on flight. It was one of those fishing tackle pun shirts. I didn't think that bad, but then I never flew back in the day when people dressed well on flights.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by BER Flyer
The Purser/FA working First class should haven taken care of that problem, they usually having a selection of ties available for lending for 1st class passengers.
Didn't FAs used to sell ties from duty free for passengers to wear on board?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by MountainGuy
I have actually seen (back in the day, I don't remember if Delta, but I believe it was) a FA tell a passenger to turn his shirt inside out to be able to remain on flight. It was one of those fishing tackle pun shirts. I didn't think that bad, but then I never flew back in the day when people dressed well on flights.
Maybe it was more of a favor to that passenger...no one should have worn those shirts

"Big Johnson fishing" is what I believe you are thinking of.
MEABFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 7:21 am

flying FC from tampa and orlando a few times i've noticed most men here are boycotting sleeves for some odd reason..
hi55us likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.