FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Upgrade just disappeared. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1962750-upgrade-just-disappeared.html)

micstatic Mar 27, 2019 4:41 am

Upgrade just disappeared.

I am just about to get on dl2811 atl-msp. I was sitting in sky club and saw in app I got upgraded to first class seat 2a. Then 5 minutes later the screen updated and said I had been moved back to comfort plus. I suspected something funny was going on and went and asked the gate agent. She said I had been moved because of a family or it’s possible somebody bought tickets. Anybody seen this happen?

micstatic Mar 27, 2019 4:48 am

I should add that I was number 2 for 4 available seats. Now I’m number 1 for zero.

dlflyer00 Mar 27, 2019 5:14 am

The GA response sounds evasive; they’re the ones that handle the upgrades at the gate so surely they’d know why it occurred.

micstatic Mar 27, 2019 5:16 am

I felt the same way. I gently challenged her and said it’s not supposed to work this way. She looked like somebody who just got caught. Who knows but I reported the specifics to delta as a complaint.

vincentharris Mar 27, 2019 6:30 am

Originally Posted by micstatic (Post 30934643)
I felt the same way. I gently challenged her and said it’s not supposed to work this way. She looked like somebody who just got caught. Who knows but I reported the specifics to delta as a complaint.

I would not even bother writing in, it will go nowhere except in the equivalent of their CRM garbage can.

av8rsamr Mar 27, 2019 7:09 am

Originally Posted by vincentharris (Post 30934811)
I would not even bother writing in, it will go nowhere except in the equivalent of their CRM garbage can.

Not necessarily true. I don't know for sure, but this does seem like one of the issues Delta actually investigates at a local level. I know people have gotten calls from DL explaining what happened. As long as you're not a serial complainer about small, inconsequential things, writing in is always a safe option. And in this case, I'd encourage the op to do so.

Often1 Mar 27, 2019 7:13 am

DL does look at these. It can track every change made and who made it. As a revenue protection device, DL does care when employees make changes which may not be supportable.

micstatic Mar 27, 2019 7:58 am

Hope they do. Learning lesson today. Take a screen shot immediately when upgrade clears.

ecaarch Mar 27, 2019 8:19 am

I has a similar experience last year ATL-TUS. I had the u/g, then it got taken from me and I got a crappy seat in the back. I called DL, agent apologized but said that there were no more seats and nothing that she could do. Agent was pretty evasive about the details - I assumed that I got booted by a FAM, although agent did not confirm this of course. Agent gave me a decent amount of SM (I think 20k) as goodwill gesture. I called it even.

orr333 Mar 27, 2019 9:25 am

ATL has the largest collection of bad gate agents in the company.....they'll bump up non-rev friends. Reporting it is good though - I have first hand evidence of them getting reprimanded. Always report.

Betterthanyou Mar 27, 2019 9:50 am

Originally Posted by av8rsamr (Post 30934926)
Not necessarily true. I don't know for sure, but this does seem like one of the issues Delta actually investigates at a local level. I know people have gotten calls from DL explaining what happened. As long as you're not a serial complainer about small, inconsequential things, writing in is always a safe option. And in this case, I'd encourage the op to do so.

Yes, and the CRM hits on a single station or employee are cumulative. They may not directly address this specific incident, but when they run the numbers they will see that Jane Doe at that station is higher on the incident list. Progress is slow but..

HWGeeks Mar 27, 2019 10:07 am

Write in, I complained about losing a C+ upgrade and got a call and the lady apologized etc.

WillBarrett_68 Mar 27, 2019 10:17 am

Originally Posted by micstatic (Post 30935095)
Hope they do. Learning lesson today. Take a screen shot immediately when upgrade clears.

I'm not sure that's really going to change anything. The agent you spoke with wasn't denying that you were briefly upgraded, correct? For an investigation, it also wouldn't really do anything, they can definitely audit the changes.

MSPeconomist Mar 27, 2019 11:40 am

If there had been time, you could have asked for a redcoat at ATL. The rtedcoat might also be evasive and protect the GA, but they also have the power to undo the "mistake" and reseat you where you should be.

Allan38103 Mar 27, 2019 11:59 am

If you got FAM'd, Delta is not going to tell you.

(FAM- Federal Air Marshal)