Connection layover

Old Mar 26, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
You can, but plan on taking (even) checked luggage with you. Delta is very unlikely to let you check it through with that length of stop.
I believe that's the case for any layover greater than 4 or 5 hours. Learned that the hard way at JFK a few years ago with a 7 hour layover.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by runninaway
I believe that's the case for any layover greater than 4 or 5 hours. Learned that the hard way at JFK a few years ago with a 7 hour layover.
DL policy today is over 6 hours you can short check, over 12 hours, you must short check. Note this is for US airports. Connections outside can be up to 24hrs. In fact even domestically agents can do up to 24hrs. However, agents must know how to use the system natively and not in the GUI to do it.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM (3 MM) ; Sky Club (Lifetime)
Originally Posted by saintjimmy1974
I know how us domestic works just curious as will have boarding passes on phone. V cheap flight doing the long layover even trying to get a longer one to maybe catch the falcons at home (trip is xmas day to 7th jan 20) mrs u and i travel hand only as take food for family on way out lol.
Also, remember while planning your time in Atlanta, that Christmas day will be a major factor. Many (if not most) attractions will be closed for the Holiday.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.