Live seat map tool

Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Live seat map tool

Hi all, does Delta have a tool like the one AA has at the link below? Basically a real time view of what seats are open on any given flight. I know there is Expert Flyer but I just hit pause on my subscription. Hoping Delta has a similar tool where you can just easily see what seats are open. Apologies if there is another thread about this, didn't find one.

https://www.americanairlines.com/tra...ights/schedule
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: UA GS, Delta PM/2MM, Marriott Ambassador Elite/Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
Not as easy to do as the AA tool you linked, but:

Standard practice is to make a phantom booking perform a search (direct URL: https://www.delta.com/flight-search/book-a-flight - the current DL.c site is not ideal) and check.

Last edited by webmarks; Mar 25, 2019 at 7:42 am Reason: Less confusing phrasing
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Ok, got it. Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You don't have to make a booking, and I would certainly discourage making bookings for the purposes of viewing seat maps (google "AA and Joel Hayes"). You can see available seats on any flight in the search results. Which is also the same as how it works on AA.com (although on AA, certain seats may not show available if you're not logged in as an elite member).
Old Mar 25, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: UA GS, Delta PM/2MM, Marriott Ambassador Elite/Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ijgordon
You don't have to make a booking, and I would certainly discourage making bookings for the purposes of viewing seat maps (google "AA and Joel Hayes").
I was using "phantom booking" in place of "search", but that is confusing - I'll edit my post.

Originally Posted by ijgordon
You can see available seats on any flight in the search results. Which is also the same as how it works on AA.com.
The linked AA display is a lot more user-friendly for the requested purpose than DL's search interface. Might need to script something like this... for science...
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 4MM; HHonors Diamond
For a very small monthly fee, you can get a subscription to ExpertFlyer ... I find all of the info I need there, inventory for all fare classes, upgrade inventory, open seating, etc.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:22 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
The Delta App shows empty seats on your flight; whenever you update it, the seat map changes to show new seat assignments.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.