Columbus CMH - no SkyClub

Old Mar 24, 2019, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by DltaSchmlta
My biggest complaint about CMH and Delta is they make you walk past all these unused gates to get to the farthest gate (C56) to get your flight. I think they do it so you have to walk past all the stores and the airport gets more rent. They are the biggest airline in the C concourse and they should have gates closest to security.
What unused gates? Every gate from the security checkpoint down to C56 is in active use. One by Alaska, the rest by DL.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
Columbus is awful.

Go Blue!

I kid.

Kinda...
Old Mar 24, 2019, 7:29 pm

i got a page not found...

edit: now it works.

Last edited by Troppy; Mar 24, 2019 at 7:30 pm Reason: Link in quote was edited
Old Mar 24, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: none
Not every Delta location has a Skyclub. CMH happens to be one that doesn't. Apparently DL has not determined that it is in their best interest to put one there, at least for now. Maybe some of the earlier posters know something about the market that Delta doesn't. Or maybe they just have superior business judgement..

Fear not. Columbus is in America. Anyone is allowed to acquire sufficient capital and open an airline club in an underserved market, thereby earning a ton of money. That's how the system works.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I can't think of another city with 800,000-plus people without a Sky Club.
las vegas
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:07 pm

. I can't think of another city with 800,000-plus people without a Sky Club lounge.
Houston’s 2 airports and Toronto.

Last edited by sydneyracquelle; Mar 25, 2019 at 5:23 am
Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
Both DTW and MSP are metropolitan areas over twice as big as Columbus, and neither have an American Airlines lounge either. Point being, you can be in a much more populous area than CMH, and still not have a lounge.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: 2018: Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle

Houston. Miami. Nashville.

BNA and MIA both have a SkyClub
Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium

Houston. Miami. Nashville.
Miami and Nashville don't have a population of 800,000. But, Houston, San Antonio, and San Jose do have more than 800,000 and they don't have Sky Clubs.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I got a good chuckle reading that article posted above with Doug Parker’s quotes lol.
oh so did I

"The airline industry continues to face very difficult economic conditions and the outlook for the foreseeable future offers little relief," Douglas Parker, America West's chairman and chief executive, said in a release. "A necessary and critical component of restoring industry profitability is the elimination of consistently unprofitable flying."
Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I can't think of another city with 800,000-plus people without a Sky Club.
New Delhi
Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:49 pm

During a roundtable over the summer, CMH's CEO said that a SkyClub would likely be part of a Europe flight (provided it was Delta service).
Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
DL's decision where to place SCs is all about premium and elite passenger volumes and not total passenger counts. From DL's POV there must not be enough volume for the numbers to work. Not only do the number not work for DL, but they seem to not work for AA or UA either, and AA has more traffic in and out of CMH than DL does.

No SC aside, the DL terminal in CMH, and the CMH airport as a whole is so bland and uninspired. Limited food options post-security worsened by the fact that the three concourses are not connected post-security. A major fail for an airport this size. Not an airport on the top half of my favorite airports list.
DL Platinum likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:13 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Regardless of how you split hairs, Columbus is the biggest city in Ohio and is the second biggest in the Midwest.
You are the one splitting hairs by using an arbitrary metric to justify the existence of this thread. City population is 100% irrelevant. It's based on city zoning which is largely arbitrary. If you use metro area you would at least be halfway logical.

CMH doesn't serve a huge amount of passengers. Full stop. That's a massively more important metric for an airline and whether they make capital investments at an airport.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

Delta has ~32 domestic SkyClubs and CMH is the 50th busiest airport in the USA.

CMH is a mid-size airport and DL isn't even the airline serving it with the most flights. There are other factors besides airport size, like premium traffic and international routes. CMH must not rank high enough in these to make it. Hardly a surprise.

Last edited by CPMaverick; Mar 24, 2019 at 11:29 pm
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:37 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver

Houston’s 2 airports and Toronto.
Originally Posted by kavok
Both DTW and MSP are metropolitan areas over twice as big as Columbus, and neither have an American Airlines lounge either. Point being, you can be in a much more populous area than CMH, and still not have a lounge.
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
Miami and Nashville don't have a population of 800,000. But, Houston, San Antonio, and San Jose do have more than 800,000 and they don't have Sky Clubs.
But these airports have other options, be they lounges run by partner airlines (until this year, you could access the KLM/Air France lounge in Houston) or third-party lounges accessible with Priority Pass.

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
You are the one splitting hairs by using an arbitrary metric to justify the existence of this thread. City population is 100% irrelevant. It's based on city zoning which is largely arbitrary. If you use metro area you would at least be halfway logical.

CMH doesn't serve a huge amount of passengers. Full stop. That's a massively more important metric for an airline and whether they make capital investments at an airport.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

Delta has ~32 domestic SkyClubs and CMH is the 50th busiest airport in the USA.

CMH is a mid-size airport and DL isn't even the airline serving it with the most flights. There are other factors besides airport size, like premium traffic and international routes. CMH must not rank high enough in these to make it. Hardly a surprise.
Fair enough.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.