Connections at CDG

Old Mar 20, 19, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Connections at CDG

Hello experts! Quick question about connecting at CDG. Wife and I are flying JFK-CDG-BCN in May. The AF website says the arriving CDG flight from JFK arrives in 2E and the departing flight (Joon) departs 2F. I see shuttle routes between terminals but is it possible to walk between the two terminals? Approximate transit time?

Thank you!
Old Mar 20, 19, 6:47 am

Programs: DL DM
It's easy - you can walk.

CDG's website has a step by step with photos of each stage of the transfer process from 2E to 2F including a printable PDF:

Transit terminal 2E to terminal 2F - PARIS-CDG CHARLES de GAULLE AIRPORT

PDF: http://easycdg.com/wp-content/upload...-%C3%A0-2F.pdf
Old Mar 20, 19, 7:22 am

Terminal 2E is comprised of a number of different "Halls" -- Hall L, M, and K.

You can see from this map that L and K are connected to 2F. M is via train to L or K.
https://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/pass.../terminals-map
Old Mar 20, 19, 8:01 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by Scott H View Post
Hello experts! Quick question about connecting at CDG. Wife and I are flying JFK-CDG-BCN in May. The AF website says the arriving CDG flight from JFK arrives in 2E and the departing flight (Joon) departs 2F. I see shuttle routes between terminals but is it possible to walk between the two terminals? Approximate transit time?

Thank you!
Remember that you and your wife will need to clear immigration (though not retrieve your checked luggage) at CDG, since you will be entering the Schengen Zone in France, not Spain.
Old Mar 20, 19, 1:08 pm

Programs: Delta - GM
I don't remember having to clear immigration when I went for 2E to 2F, but I do remember having to go through security again (and losing my recently bought water)
Old Mar 20, 19, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JKPFlyer View Post
I don't remember having to clear immigration when I went for 2E to 2F, but I do remember having to go through security again (and losing my recently bought water)
You always clear immigration before connecting to a Schengen flight wheb connecting from a non-Schengen flight. However, you don't clear customs till the actual country you're flying to.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 19, 2:11 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Delta PM/2.8 MM; Hertz PC; Amtrak Guest Rewards; Marriott Rewards Silver
In fact, you are basically compelled to walk to 2F after clearing France/Schengen zone immigration if your final destination is not Paris. It is actually simple and straightforward; the walk time is maybe 5 minutes once you reach concourse K (the original terminal of 2E) plus your time spent in the immigration line. You clear customs at your destination. 2F is directly on the other sie of the CDG access road from 2E, so it is not very far away as the crow flies.

Don't be alarmed; just follow the signs.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Mar 20, 19, 4:29 pm

Programs: Delta PM/MM, Hertz Platinum
Also, if you are in J or have status, you can use the « accès no 1 » lines, which also should have a SkyPriority logo, for a speedier trip through immigration and security.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Mar 20, 19, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ND76 View Post
In fact, you are basically compelled to walk to 2F after clearing France/Schengen zone immigration if your final destination is not Paris. It is actually simple and straightforward; the walk time is maybe 5 minutes once you reach concourse K (the original terminal of 2E) plus your time spent in the immigration line. You clear customs at your destination. 2F is directly on the other sie of the CDG access road from 2E, so it is not very far away as the crow flies.

Don't be alarmed; just follow the signs.
We have 1.5 hours, any concern with that time given the immigration issue?
Old Mar 20, 19, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orlandodlplat View Post
Also, if you are in J or have status, you can use the « accès no 1 » lines, which also should have a SkyPriority logo, for a speedier trip through immigration and security.
Only silver medallion, probably not good enough? The TA is Premium Economy, does that make a difference?
Old Mar 20, 19, 6:07 pm

Programs: Delta PM/MM, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Scott H View Post
Only silver medallion, probably not good enough? The TA is Premium Economy, does that make a difference?
not sure about silver, but AF PE is eligible for SkyPriority.
Old Mar 25, 19, 1:28 am

Piggybacking onto this question as I am in a similar situation.
I am flying HND - CDG - WAW. I am supposed to arrive in 2E and depart from 2F as well.
Thanks to all the helpful comments about how to get from 2E to 2F!

One extra issue I would like to clarify is if I am able to get access to the airside shops in 2E gate K?
I have a few hours to transit and would really like to get to Gate K (where most of the shops are) to do some luxury shopping!
On arrival to CDG it is possible that I will land in either of the 2E gates L, M or K. If I land in Gate L or M, I was still hoping to drop by Gate K on my way to 2F.
I know I have to clear immigration on arrival as I will be entering a Schengen area - where are the shops in relation to the immigration? eg if I land in Gate K itself, can I go to the shops on my way out and then clear immigration?

I have also read that it might not be possible to get access to Gate K if not departing from Gate K (some people seem to have varying success with security letting them in).
I would like to see if those familiar with CDG can comment on whether it is possible to get access to those Gate K airside shops during a transit? Anyone has had experience with this issue?
Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 25, 19, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by Rsbey View Post
Piggybacking onto this question as I am in a similar situation.
I am flying HND - CDG - WAW. I am supposed to arrive in 2E and depart from 2F as well.
Thanks to all the helpful comments about how to get from 2E to 2F!

One extra issue I would like to clarify is if I am able to get access to the airside shops in 2E gate K?
I have a few hours to transit and would really like to get to Gate K (where most of the shops are) to do some luxury shopping!
On arrival to CDG it is possible that I will land in either of the 2E gates L, M or K. If I land in Gate L or M, I was still hoping to drop by Gate K on my way to 2F.
I know I have to clear immigration on arrival as I will be entering a Schengen area - where are the shops in relation to the immigration? eg if I land in Gate K itself, can I go to the shops on my way out and then clear immigration?

I have also read that it might not be possible to get access to Gate K if not departing from Gate K (some people seem to have varying success with security letting them in).
I would like to see if those familiar with CDG can comment on whether it is possible to get access to those Gate K airside shops during a transit? Anyone has had experience with this issue?
Thanks for your help.
normally, not allowed. Nothing prevent you to try.