Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Operated vs Marketed for partner earning

Old Feb 21, 2021, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Dumb question here, so sorry. I always thought that partner earning on Delta was based on the operating carrier, but now that I'm re-reading, it looks like it's actually the *marketed carrier*. Just want to be sure I'm understanding correctly.

I'm on my last month of a status challenge and I fly a lot, but cheap fares, so I've got enough MQMs but not enough MQDs. Flying LAX-SJD next week to visit a friend, and if I understand right, I could potentially earn quite a few MQDs by booking through Aeromexico.

There's a routing I like that goes LAX-SLC-SJD, flights are all operated by DL but if I book on Aeromexico.com I see AM flight numbers, so these would net me partner-earning miles, correct? I can book premium economy (W) for $212 and would earn $457.50 MQDs (based on 25% of the 1830-mile routing)?

Just want to be sure I'm understanding correctly before I pull the trigger. Thanks!
Old Feb 21, 2021, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, its been marketing carrier for a few years. All that matters is the flight number on the ticket. And yes, Flying partner-marketer flights are a good way to boost MQDs, although of course it depends on the specific circumstance of the ticket and routing.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 4:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Since this is a status challenge, you should double check that partner operated flights count. Look at the T&C for your particular challenge, as they might not all have the same rules.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Since this is a status challenge, you should double check that partner operated flights count. Look at the T&C for your particular challenge, as they might not all have the same rules.
Good call, thanks. It's actually a Reclaim My Status challenge, and confirmed partner earning counts.

MQMs, MQSs and MQDs earned through travel on Delta, Delta Connection, and SkyMiles Partner Airlines will count towards Reclaim My Status. MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources (such as MQMs earned through the Miles Boost benefit with your Delta SkyMiles American Express Card), do not count towards Reclaim My Status.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.