Delta Airbnb deal

Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:33 pm
formerly jackvogt
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Delta Airbnb deal

Hi everyone, I just booked about $1,000 worth of Airbnb stays and then I came to find out that if you book through the Delta link, you get 1,000 bonus miles your first time plus 1 SM/$1 spent. Essentially this means I would get 3,000 miles (because I'll be using my SkyMiles AMEX). Cancellation policy is not flexible at all, is there a way to link it afterward? Thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:28 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
No way to link afterward, sorry.

You can ask your AirBnB host to allow your cancellation (the policy is up to them), understanding that you will rebook immediately. If it involves foreign currency, the price may change however.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jackvogt
Hi everyone, I just booked about $1,000 worth of Airbnb stays and then I came to find out that if you book through the Delta link, you get 1,000 bonus miles your first time plus 1 SM/$1 spent. Essentially this means I would get 3,000 miles (because I'll be using my SkyMiles AMEX). Cancellation policy is not flexible at all, is there a way to link it afterward? Thanks!
No. I tried and was flat out told no. I was informed it was because the miles are awarded by Airbnb, not DL. Airbnb told me they had np way to change it.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:53 pm
formerly jackvogt
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
No. I tried and was flat out told no. I was informed it was because the miles are awarded by Airbnb, not DL. Airbnb told me they had np way to change it.
Aw man thats a bummer. I'll know next time.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
While it is always disappointing to see 1000 SkyPesos get away...it is still only 1000 SkyPesos (about $12-$20 to me). It is not worth losing sleep over.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:06 pm
formerly jackvogt
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pgh234
While it is always disappointing to see 1000 SkyPesos get away...it is still only 1000 SkyPesos (about $12-$20 to me). It is not worth losing sleep over.
Haha true, contrary to many people on here and probably because I live in Atlanta, I try to accumulate and hoard as many SkyMiles as possible. I tend to get relatively good value out of them although I know there are other programs that I could probably benefit more from.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:34 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
I never got these miles credited anyway
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL PM (was DL DM for 3yrs), HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
This has to be one of the lamest integrations since you have to start your booking through a landing page and everything had better match perfectly between your accounts. I rarely received the miles.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
This has to be one of the lamest integrations since you have to start your booking through a landing page and everything had better match perfectly between your accounts. I rarely received the miles.
Agreed. This is not a serious partnership. And it seems like Airbnb has had trouble sustaining partnerships. Remember when you could pay with Amex MR points for like a year? That's gone.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:11 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
The linkage is hit or miss. I’ve had about 75% credit. Requesting one now that didn’t.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
I used it a while back with success. The property was a nice inn with its own reservation system so they asked me to book directly next time and not go through Airbnb. We use Lyft all the time to gather some SkyMiles.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
I never got these miles credited anyway
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
Originally Posted by mot29
The linkage is hit or miss. Ive had about 75% credit. Requesting one now that didnt.
+3 - I think I'm batting ~60% in the miles crediting without a fight. On smaller stays it's barely even worth the effort to fight for them.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:50 pm

This post made me go back into my Skymiles history out of curiosity to do a quick audit of Airbnb credit.

It turns out I haven't been credited for any Airbnb since at least last June
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Just did the same thing and I haven't had anything post in 2018. Everything stopped in Dec 2017, back when everything posted rather quickly. Just sent a request for mileage credit to see how Delta responds.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.