Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

LaGuardia taxi pickup moved to Marine Air Terminal (?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2019, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, GOES

According to DL page, taxi pickup for LGA B/C/D terminals is currently moved to Marine Air Terminal. Arriving tomorrow, anyone know; 1) is this still the case? 2) does this apply to ride share services as well? and 3) current ease of walking from C/D to B? (with minimal luggage) (not talking about the MAT for this)

Thanks all you New Yawkers!
Old Mar 16, 2019, 6:24 am

You can’t really walk to the Marine air terminal. Long ways!
Old Mar 16, 2019, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Lol, no, not talking about walking to MAT! Just C/D to B. Jeez, MAT would be a hike AND you'd get run over before getting there.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
That sucks. LGA is such a freaking mess! To be avoided for years to come.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:19 am

It is pretty tough to walk between cd and b not because it is all that far but because of the construction. Rather than having cabs come in they are using busses at the cab line to take passengers to cabs. So you get in the cab line board a bus and are taken to a cab line.

if your idea is to walk to b to grab a cab or uber. At terminal b they use busses to cabs during “peak” times which is not really defined and subject to change depending on construction activities. This week I landed around 2 three days in a row and it was cabs. Terminal b the Ubers etal pick you up in the parking garage which is right there and easy.

On uber at cd. The traffic patterns keep changing and as they do pick up spots change but uber is really good at making it clear about what to do.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Good info, TT, thanks.

I arrive at C/D a few minutes before my main group arriving at B, then we all head to midtown. So seems my options are 1) grab rideshare at C/D, have driver head to rideshare pickup at B to get the rest of the group, or, 2) take the purple line shuttle bus from C/D to B and grab transport as a group. Thinking (2) is the best option given the changing nature of the most screwed up airport in the country.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:43 pm

I thought they were done with this. Waiting for a bus to the cab.... AND as someone who lives East if LGA, this trip West, only made my cab more expensive! I will only use a car service in the future- it’s easier and closer. ( until they straighten this out)
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Uber all the way and YES, LGA is to be avoided if at all possible.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by tennessetom
At terminal b they use busses to cabs during “peak” times which is not really defined and subject to change depending on construction activities. This week I landed around 2 three days in a row and it was cabs.
According to the OP's link:

Impacted taxi pick-up times:
  • Weekly on Sunday, Monday, Thursday, and Friday from 2:30pm to airport close
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Public transportation is the answer. Q70SBS to E train to Manhattan 19 minutes and $2.75 (or effective free with valid unlimited MetroCard).
Old Mar 16, 2019, 1:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This sounds horrible. One reason for taking a taxi is that you don't want to deal with buses and luggage, or waste time waiting for a bus.
universitylad likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The Port Authority had a survey a couple of years ago on how originating passengers arrived at LGA. Public transport was a fairly small fraction, actually.

http://www.panynj.gov/airports/pdf-t...A_DEC_2018.pdf
ajeleonard likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by EditingFX
Good info, TT, thanks.

I arrive at C/D a few minutes before my main group arriving at B, then we all head to midtown. So seems my options are 1) grab rideshare at C/D, have driver head to rideshare pickup at B to get the rest of the group, or, 2) take the purple line shuttle bus from C/D to B and grab transport as a group. Thinking (2) is the best option given the changing nature of the most screwed up airport in the country.

not sure how many are in the main group and who is paying for the ground transportation but you might just want to plan on meeting midtown. Depending on traffic and how long takes the bus to come it could take as long as 30 minutes to get between terminals. I would say that the bus is better than plan one. If traffic is backed up at terminal b you can get off the bus at the first stop and walk.

Good news is that you are coming in on Sunday. Sunday is the day least likely to have last minute changes for pick up times and locations.

There is a half marathon in the morning which will cause traffic issues but sounds like you are arriving in the afternoon.

Old Mar 16, 2019, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
The Port Authority had a survey a couple of years ago on how originating passengers arrived at LGA. Public transport was a fairly small fraction, actually.

http://www.panynj.gov/airports/pdf-t...A_DEC_2018.pdf
About 1 in 5 for public transportation. In line with other modes. For most travelers, shorthaul o/d, bus to subway is more than suitable and often times quick.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
and by fairly small fraction, you mean nearly a 4 way tie between bus, taxi, black car, and uber? I wouldn't call 18% a small fraction.

Originally Posted by tkey75
That sucks. LGA is such a freaking mess! To be avoided for years to come.
I know hating LGA is what the cool kids do, but as somebody who in the last month has used JFK, LGA, and EWR x2 all by public transit... Give me LGA any day. Most efficient to get to time wise and most cost effective. If you don't feel like taking the bus, Uber > taxi at LGA since the Uber staging/meeting area is in the parking structure so it's a short walk away.
writerguyfl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.