FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   RIP Delta Snack Mix in Domestic F (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1961050-rip-delta-snack-mix-domestic-f.html)

jules1651 Mar 15, 2019 1:47 pm

RIP Delta Snack Mix in Domestic F

A flight attendant advised me today that the Perfection Snacks-brand Snack Mix is being phased out in favor of cheez-it’s. Certainly some may consider this an upgrade, but for those you of you like me who loved it — savor it while you can.

HDQDD Mar 15, 2019 1:55 pm

Cheez-its are certainly an upgrade, but I liked the snack mix as well. Glad they change it up from time to time. An FA told me this week that they're also dumping peanuts for almonds. That, to me, is not an upgrade but I'll get over it. :(

ethernal Mar 15, 2019 1:58 pm

On the bright side, it looks like they ditched those dismal pita chips and brought back the kettle cooked lays (not as good as the old kettle cooked option, but better than the pita chips for sure).

daloosh Mar 15, 2019 2:03 pm

I like the variety in the snack mix, but I can see Cheez-its as a step up.
Funny, I like the pita chips however, when I need a thick leathery cardboard snack.
My favorite these days is those Michel et Augustin square cookies with chocolate in the middle, yum.

Duke787 Mar 15, 2019 2:13 pm

Ha! Consumer preferences are interesting (and makes this hard for DL because a survey would be mixed)...

I like the snack mix though don't hate Cheez-its so I'll live.

On the flip side I love pita chips and despise the idea of swapping back to regular chips of any kind

AANYC1981 Mar 15, 2019 2:31 pm

NOOOOOOOO! I loved that snack mix

HDQDD Mar 15, 2019 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by ethernal (Post 30891689)
On the bright side, it looks like they ditched those dismal pita chips and brought back the kettle cooked lays (not as good as the old kettle cooked option, but better than the pita chips for sure).

Thank goodness, those pita chips were the worst chips I've ever had. DL must have gotten a really good deal on them. Only bright side, pita chip probably don't need an expiration date, because they always taste stale. :)

zitsky Mar 15, 2019 2:44 pm

I haven't eaten Cheez Its for maybe 40 years. Got tired of them as a kid. My dad ate them all the time. Give me the snack mix.

MarkP24 Mar 15, 2019 2:54 pm

I think the snack mix is great!

Has anyone else noticed the peppermint Oreos are gone, and they now have these chocolate covered pretzels?

BenA Mar 15, 2019 3:00 pm

If the snack mix components didn't all taste like they were made out of MDF, I'd have been a much bigger fan. It's possible to do gluten free snacks well, but Perfection is... not living up to their name, IMHO.

The flavoring mix was decent, but the components it was applied to were sorely lacking. I'm glad this has rotated out for something a bit more classic.

To be honest, I miss the days when Delta was paying off the old NWA Pepsico contract by serving Sun Chips in the snack basket. Would love to see those return in a future rotation!

MSPeconomist Mar 15, 2019 3:03 pm

I liked the Stacey's pita chips. They seemed less greasy, less salty, and more filling than the kettle chips (which I also like, especially with a lunch sandwich).

MarkP24 Mar 15, 2019 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30891961)
I liked the Stacey's pita chips. They seemed less greasy, less salty, and more filling than the kettle chips (which I also like, especially with a lunch sandwich).

I never liked the pita chips, but the kettle chips were great! I guess as everyone has different tastes, DL cycles its snacks.

Ryno1234 Mar 15, 2019 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by HDQDD (Post 30891678)
Cheez-its are certainly an upgrade, but I liked the snack mix as well. Glad they change it up from time to time. An FA told me this week that they're also dumping peanuts for almonds. That, to me, is not an upgrade but I'll get over it. :(

Count me in the "pro almond" camp. Love the blue squirrel ones they used to have.

SFTNYC Mar 15, 2019 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by BenA (Post 30891946)

To be honest, I miss the days when Delta was paying off the old NWA Pepsico contract by serving Sun Chips in the snack basket. Would love to see those return in a future rotation!

I had Sun Chips in my snack basket out of LGA earlier this week - perhaps they are back? it was the Garden Salsa variety. I remember when I first started flying DL regularly (having switched from US Airways) both carriers prominently featured Cape Cod chips as a snack basket staple for many years - I do miss those.

davetravels Mar 15, 2019 3:31 pm

Yay on the Sun Chips! Pretty much any flavor!

:)