Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RIP Delta Snack Mix in Domestic F

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
I am pro the change to Cheez-It’s. I’d also be a fan of them using the Cheez-It brand snack mix. I liked the concept of the Perfection mix, but in practice it tasted like crap.
BSBG likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
I enjoy the variety, but sometimes I have to settle for stuff I don't dislike.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: Delta 360/DM, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, Avis PP
I noticed the Peppermint Oreo's are gone . Used to take a couple home for the kids since I didn't really eat any of the snacks. The kettle cooked chips are definitely an upgrade over the pita chips.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by defrosted
I do not have any reason to consume less gluten, however I prefer gluten free pretzels over normal ones.

I like the variety of the snack mix within one snack choice.

As another poster already mentioned the name alone doesn't imply an upscale experience. Would you like a biscoff or a chezit? They don't belong together, like if you went to a nice restaurant and the dessert menu had creme brulee or chocolate pudding.

Not to knock on Chezits, just seems more Southwest than Delta.
Hilariously, at a recent family dinner at a relatively nice seafood restaurant, creme brûlée and chocolate pudding were the two options on their set menu for dessert...

I do sort of agree with your point, though. AS is currently serving Back to Nature branded Cheez-It knock offs, and that feels a little more premium-cabin appropriate. At least DL went for the whole grain option, though, which adds a bit of panache to it.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MarkP24
I think the snack mix is great!

Has anyone else noticed the peppermint Oreos are gone, and they now have these chocolate covered pretzels?
Originally Posted by woffoja
I noticed the Peppermint Oreo's are gone . Used to take a couple home for the kids since I didn't really eat any of the snacks. The kettle cooked chips are definitely an upgrade over the pita chips.
The peppermint Oreo's were a seasonal special that Nabisco made for the holidays. Any peppermint Oreo's that were left past December were excess inventory. I'm surprised that they lasted this long. But yes, they were good! I enjoyed them too. You can still buy them online - for a premium price ... no guarantees as to freshness though.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BenA
Hilariously, at a recent family dinner at a relatively nice seafood restaurant, creme brûlée and chocolate pudding were the two options on their set menu for dessert...

I do sort of agree with your point, though. AS is currently serving Back to Nature branded Cheez-It knock offs, and that feels a little more premium-cabin appropriate. At least DL went for the whole grain option, though, which adds a bit of panache to it.
That is funny, they didn't bother to try and use a ritzy name, like Pot de crème? Wonder if it was instant pudding.

Whole grain is a step up I suppose, but yeah, Back to nature at least seems upscale. Cheezit's seem like something you get in your lunchbox at elementary school. To me the snack basket should have premium snacks, not something you would see sold in bulk variety snack packs aimed at the school lunch crowd.

I have eaten my fair share of Cheezits, so don't get me wrong, I am not above Cheezits, just think it seems like a cheap option in a premium cabin snack basket.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Duplicate post. Please delete.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Ssssh....

Originally Posted by fliesdelta
As long as they don't take away the Michelle et Augustin cookies, I'm good.

Do NOT discuss these cookies!!!! They are awful...no one but me should try them
puck021 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by gretchendz
Do NOT discuss these cookies!!!! They are awful...no one but me should try them
Per an FA on a recent flight, they are not part of the rotation anymore.

Originally Posted by KenTarmac
The peppermint Oreo's were a seasonal special that Nabisco made for the holidays. Any peppermint Oreo's that were left past December were excess inventory. I'm surprised that they lasted this long. But yes, they were good! I enjoyed them too. You can still buy them online - for a premium price ... no guarantees as to freshness though.
Yes, those peppermint Oreo cookies were the best!
Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
The Michelle et Augustin cookies went away for quite a while last time they rotated out.
I think they suffer from my mom's 'brownie problem': her chocolate chip cookies were always dry. A batch would last a week for snacking and deserts. If she made brownies, the next evening she'd yell "I'm not making brownies again, they never last around here!!"
LOL.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I am clearly in the minority but I am not a fan of the recent iterations of the DL snack basket. The snack mix is just gross and cheez-its are not much better for me. I miss the popcorn and the beef jerky. I've heard from folks at DL that the popcorn will never come back because people just make a mess of the cabin when eating it, which is guess it to be expected with people who also think its okay to put their feet on the bulkhead walls or on the arm rest of the seat in front of them.

I know DL and every airline is trying to keep costs down but I'd like to see a few items of a bit higher caliber that potato chips and cheez-its.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Plat, HH
Originally Posted by arkangel
I wish they'd bring back the Sanders salted chocolate caramels. Loved 'em! As a related aside, my parents met at the Sanders flagship store in downtown Detroit, in 1936, when my dad was in law school at DCL and my mom worked behind the counter when he would visit for lunch. The eventually became friends with the owner, Fred Sanders.
Not sure what brand but there were salted caramels in the basket on one of my recent F flights. I believe they had a pretzel crunch in them as well.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I too wish the Sanders chocolates would come back. I thought given how much Delta does to prove they love Atlanta and New York, it was a small way to make Detroiters feel like Delta was connecting to their community...

I'd prefer Buddy's Pizza as a FC Meal, but that'll never happen!!!
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by manually
I enjoy the variety, but sometimes I have to settle for stuff I don't dislike.
Good strategy for life in general!
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Cheez-Its sound like the perfect world-class snack in first class for a world-class airline like Delta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.