RIP Delta Snack Mix in Domestic F

Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
I wish they'd bring back the Sanders salted chocolate caramels. Loved 'em! As a related aside, my parents met at the Sanders flagship store in downtown Detroit, in 1936, when my dad was in law school at DCL and my mom worked behind the counter when he would visit for lunch. The eventually became friends with the owner, Fred Sanders.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I mainly like the pita chips. They have crunch at least, whereas the kettle chips & snack mix have no taste and often seem stale to me.

About the only thing I like consistently are the Biscoff cookies.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
It seems to me by request you should always be able to get a snack available in Coach.

But I am glad they are moving (back) to national brands for the snacks in F, It shows a higher quality or calibre of products. Additionally, I wish they would add some non-carb heavy options - almonds are a nice addition!
Old Mar 15, 2019, 6:32 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Yuck, hate cheeze its. But I am looking forward to my Augustin fix this week. Makes flying into a pretty small town in the Midwest (and connecting via ATL) almost worth the trip.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
As long as they don't take away the Michelle et Augustin cookies, I'm good.
Dennis88 and Zeeb like this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: A few
Put me in the camp of liking the snack mix, only problem was the small portion size. The pita chips weren't bad, I actually liked them, but not nearly as much as the Garden salsa sun chips .... funny thing though, when at a grocery store, I couldn't care less ... oddly, I only find them appealing when in the snack basket, lol
Old Mar 15, 2019, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
They are the Made with Whole Grain Cheez-Its. If you don't like them, Delta has said they will be rotating the snacks other than Biscoffs on a periodic basis.

https://news.delta.com/delta-announc...nded-offerings
Old Mar 15, 2019, 9:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Do they still have the Kind granola bars? We need gluten free for one of my family members. That snack mix was decent for GF.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Cheeze-its are nauseating. Just serve some pretzels for God's sake.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:08 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by WWads
Cheeze-its are nauseating. Just serve some pretzels for God's sake.
I think they wanted to give people who are gluten intolerant a savory option in terms of snacks.

I am definitely of the camp that loves the current snack mix. I can seriously eat like 6 servings -- and I'm not even gluten intolerant! :P
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Do they still have the Kind granola bars? We need gluten free for one of my family members. That snack mix was decent for GF.
Current options are Whole Grain Cheez-Its, Biscoff Cookies, Squirrel Brand Classic Almonds and Dark Chocolate Chunk Kind Bar.
https://www.delta.com/content/dam/de...l-2019-mar.pdf
TravelLawyer likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:06 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
I’ve no idea what a Cheez-it is, but I have a hard time imagining it as an upgrade in an F cabin, based on the name alone!
Old Mar 16, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
As long as they don't take away the Michelle et Augustin cookies, I'm good.
I like those too. Noticed some for sale at the France pavilion at Epcot selling for $3.99 each.

Seems to me like they aren't coming around as often with the snack tray though. It was offered once just before landing between SLC - ATL and only once on the 4.5 hour flight MCO - SLC.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
The snack mix was great! It was also gluten free, so I could eat it.

Oh, I'll still eat the Cheez-its, but I"m going to suffer as a result.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
I do not have any reason to consume less gluten, however I prefer gluten free pretzels over normal ones.

I like the variety of the snack mix within one snack choice.

As another poster already mentioned the name alone doesn't imply an upscale experience. Would you like a biscoff or a chezit? They don't belong together, like if you went to a nice restaurant and the dessert menu had creme brulee or chocolate pudding.

Not to knock on Chezits, just seems more Southwest than Delta.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.