Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta flight attendants claiming uniform is making them sick [Lawsuit filed May 2019]

Delta flight attendants claiming uniform is making them sick [Lawsuit filed May 2019]

Old May 24, 19, 6:51 am

I would sue for uniform ugliness, but the rash thing is bad too. That purple is so unflattering!!!
Old May 24, 19, 6:57 am
Taz

Programs: DL FO
Those uniforms are a hot mess. Practically every "white" shirt that I've seen is now pinkish-purple from the dye bleeding. Add in frayed seams, linings hanging out from the bottoms of skirts and snags everywhere and they just plain look awful.
Old May 24, 19, 7:36 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
It's on CNN this morning. I guess someone at CNN reads the AJC.
Yeah, a few of the actual writers they have left, who are not obsessed with politics, are in ATL.

I thought the uniforms were sharp a year ago when they debuted, but they have not worn well over time.
ACCDraw likes this.
Old May 24, 19, 7:43 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, etc etc etc
If you live in ATL or have the WSB Radio app Mark Arum is filling in for the normal morning folks right now, and has been talking about and taking calls on this right now.
Old May 24, 19, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Taz View Post
Those uniforms are a hot mess. Practically every "white" shirt that I've seen is now pinkish-purple from the dye bleeding. Add in frayed seams, linings hanging out from the bottoms of skirts and snags everywhere and they just plain look awful.
The shirts were manufactured to be faint pinkish-purple. They were never white.
OHDL1, jdrtravel and nancypants like this.
Old May 24, 19, 8:57 am

Programs: DL DM MM
Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin View Post
Yeah, a few of the actual writers they have left, who are not obsessed with politics, are in ATL.

I thought the uniforms were sharp a year ago when they debuted, but they have not worn well over time.
I still really like them. The dresses especially, flattering and a nice color on everyone. Perhaps my eyesight is too awful to notice the frayed seams.
jdrtravel likes this.
Old May 24, 19, 10:01 am

I asked a colleague who is a dermatologist about this, she treated a few AA Flight attendants back when they rolled out their new uniforms and she said that while her patients did exhibit symptoms, she could not without a doubt blame the uniform mainly because the symptoms reported could also be caused by other factors. She further explained that to pinpoint the uniforms as the causation of the reported symptoms (which seems like the logical culprit) she would have had to perform studies which was/is beyond her capabilities as a community level physician.

She suggested at the time some ways to potentially either reduce or remove any potential toxins from the AA uniforms (clothing in general) and she said that her patients reported back that her steps in some cases seemed to improve the situation or in one case entirely fix the issue. She did mention that a few FAs reported back that her suggestions did not improve the situation at all and my colleague said that she did find rashes, but again could not directly blame the uniform because those rashes could also be caused by many other things.

IIRC my colleague did say that either Northwestern Medical Center or Columbia University was in fact studying the uniform issue, but I do not remember for sure, we talked a little while ago when I was in for my annual skin check.
nancypants likes this.

Last edited by kmersh; May 28, 19 at 6:53 am Reason: made a correction for a mis-formed sentence.
Old May 24, 19, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
I'm sorry for the those with any issues and hope they can resolve them quickly. I still love the look of the new uniforms. The regal looking purple plus the new dark woods being introduced in the latest Sky Clubs are both a nice and needed touch of warmth in what was previously a rather cold looking brand. I find DL's people and culture to mostly be warm and kind, so this matches that better.
Old May 26, 19, 1:12 am

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Those uniforms for ticket/gate agents are also causing rashes. I know three that are currently having that problem.