Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Personalized Thank Yous from a Flight Attendant Today

Personalized Thank Yous from a Flight Attendant Today

Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by gooselee
I seem to get these pretty consistently on intercontinental D1 flights. Haven't ever received one on a domestic (or in coach) that I can remember.
I got my first and only one on ZRH-JFK last month. I was sitting in C+. I think they're a very nice gesture.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: Delta DM, Lufthansa Miles & More
Yes, receiving them quite regularly on D1 flights (happened both on Transcons and from South America).
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
The most surprising thank you I’ve ever gotten was not a written one. A year or two ago, on an intraEurope AF flight, one of the AF flight attendants came down the aisle to my economy seat and thanked me for being Delta PM.
gooselee likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHD, MG
Got a personal GM thank you from purser on TATL in economy, very nice!
Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
The most surprising thank you Ive ever gotten was not a written one. A year or two ago, on an intraEurope AF flight, one of the AF flight attendants came down the aisle to my economy seat and thanked me for being Delta PM.
This actually just happened to me on Korean. I was traveling from Singapore to Seoul on a KAL 777-300 in Economy. The purser walked all the way back to my seat, thanked me by name for flying, and went on. I was completely startled for a moment...
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:10 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I've got a few of these on JFK-CDG rides. Never had them when flying domestic. On AF, I've been thanked several times by the crew.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
I just took a VS flight and one of the flight managers came by to greet every silver and gold flying club member. I wish she would have given me 49% of a greeting as a DL PM
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:41 am

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon
Got my first one last week on ATL-JNB D1.

Heading back from JNB next week, I wonder if I'll get another?
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: DL Plat
fa thanked the fo next to me but skipped over me (pm)...honestly dont care if i am thanked, just find it interesting (second time this happened)
Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
I got one EDI-JFK in D1 back in April which was a nice gesture since I was flying on an award ticket.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by runningformqm
fa thanked the fo next to me but skipped over me (pm)...honestly dont care if i am thanked, just find it interesting (second time this happened)
I can possibly explain this assuming the FA was giving me correct infromation.
FA on ATL-STL on Monday came by on final descent and said I had been randomly selected to ackowledge my status and thank me for my loyalty and she almost forgot. I asked who randomly selected me and she said it was the handheld device.
That would make sense for the randomness of it.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by apodo77
I asked who randomly selected me and she said it was the handheld device.
Now that is a scary statement if you think about it.
strickerj and ryw like this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 2:22 pm

A Delta FA slipped me her telephone number on cocktail napkin. I forgot to ask how come she didnt acknowledge my status. Its like calling a Dr sir, you just dont do it- no matter the circumstance.
apodo77 and TheHorta like this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: Delta DM
The pilot came out to chat with the FC passengers and thanked us for business on the outbound of my weekend trip. On the inbound, a couple of people in the FC section including my seatmate got a note from the FA. Honestly, I felt a twinge of jealousy briefly.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin
Very nice and very efficient for having the time to do it on such a short flight.
You RDU folks get fancy socks and now personalized thank you notes.
All I get in ATL is a Sky Priority bag check with 25 people in line for 2 agents.
... and a ton of nonstops to everywhere at "hub-captive" fares
Heh, I can picture the spiel now: To our customers in competitive markets, we realize you have a choice and thank you for flying Delta. To our hub captives, we realize you dont have a choice and cordially invite you to deal with it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.