Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Personalized Thank Yous from a Flight Attendant Today

Personalized Thank Yous from a Flight Attendant Today

Old Mar 15, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by defrosted
You make a good point about flippantly creating opportunity to single out someone.

However the lines between prudence, paranoia and wearing tin foil hats can be thin.
I totally agree with you, it is a fine line between being prudent and paranoid. Not trying to come across as the later.
defrosted likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: DL PM / MM Ex UA & US Gold Starwood & Hilton Gold
I received 1 back in 2017. We were flying ATL to HNL on flight 837. Thought it was very nice of the FA to take the time to write. It sure was better than the CD case that DL sent me when I became a Million Miler.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph
I had one of those, once, on an international flight. BUT I did have the local agent thank me for being a medallion member - twice - when checking a bag for a recent flight. It may seem like a silly thing to those who are uber-kryptonite members, but for somebody like me with much less status? I thought it was a very nice touch.
This. I heard them thank Diamonds once, when I was seated next to one, so when the thank us lower status members as well makes it feel extra special.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by CMK10

The flight attendant on DL 1084 MCO-RDU filled these out for every Medallion in F and thanked us personally for our loyalty. It was a really nice touch and left me very impressed.
I get these once or twice a year, but not enough to detect any rhyme or reason. Perhaps the newest classes of flight attendants are being trained to do this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by SeaHawg
Had a pilot hand-deliver cards on Tuesday’s MEX-ATL DL364 flight. He talked with the F cabin for around five minutes as well. The crew was all extremely professional and seemed happy to be there- eapecially for a 6:05AM flight.
This reminds of me about three years ago, when Delta clearly forced captains or first officers to come out of the cockpit and make their pre-departure announcement from the galley or forward cabin. This lasted a couple of months. There were even post-flight surveys asking if it happened. Then for a while the captain or first officer started to stand in the galley after the flight and thank passengers as they disembarked. Delta also asked about this in post-flight surveys. Eventually, both stopped though occasionally you still see it.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Then for a while the captain or first officer started to stand in the galley after the flight and thank passengers as they disembarked. Delta also asked about this in post-flight surveys. Eventually, both stopped though occasionally you still see it.
This happens more often than not in my experience. YMMV I suppose.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I seem to get these pretty consistently on intercontinental D1 flights. Haven't ever received one on a domestic (or in coach) that I can remember.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
From time to time

I think it really depends on the FA...I've had quite a few come through the cabin and thank us.

My favorite was when I was flying with my lowly not-even Silver husband...we both have the same initials...so of course she thanked HIM for his status. We laughed as we said "Ummm...you need to thank HER.."
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: Delta 360/DM, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, Avis PP

Given all the feedback from this thread, here's mine
MarkP24 and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I'm still waiting for my first one... DL should really do this more often. It would be appreciated.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MarkP24
I'm still waiting for my first one... DL should really do this more often. It would be appreciated.
Except nobody can write cursive anymore and you wouldn't want to see my writing; a weird mix of printing and cursive that most people can't read.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Except nobody can write cursive anymore and you wouldn't want to see my writing; a weird mix of printing and cursive that most people can't read.
I think even people without the best handwriting can pull it off. It would enhance the experience.
jan_believes likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, Avis PP
Sorry Mark - honestly thought these were fairly common. Received this one in an envelope on my last transcon flight home from AMS with all the FA names on it. This particular crew was wonderful!
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by woffoja
Sorry Mark - honestly thought these were fairly common. Received this one in an envelope on my last transcon flight home from AMS with all the FA names on it. This particular crew was wonderful!
Nope. I'm still waiting for one... But I have had still had some AMAZING FA's...
Intl359Widget and woffoja like this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL DM
I received one once, then the FA said I'm sorry, and took it and gave it to the person in front of me.
navi_jen, strickerj, ryw and 2 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.