Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Personalized Thank Yous from a Flight Attendant Today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Personalized Thank Yous from a Flight Attendant Today

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Personalized thank you

I received one around the time I became a million miler. It wouldn’t offend me if the FA signed with initials. I also received a hand written note from an FA one time stating that a report would be written about two unruly passengers seated behind me. Guy freaked out when I reclined my first class bulkhead seat. He wasn’t tall, or trying to use a laptop, he was just drunk
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
I found one of those notes on my seat when I boarded in C+ on a LHR-BOS flight. It was a flight with about 50 passengers, so I think the GAs were looking for something to do! But I did appreciate it, especially since I had just made a long run from a delayed connecting flight; the other personal touch was hearing my name paged as I ran to the gate.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by clubord

As a fellow crew member, I was curious. Found her address/ID information within 5 minutes based solely on information on this thread.

Found mine information in less than a minute. All using public databases. Alarming...

If I’m her and knew my gesture of goodwill was subject to public consumption not as intended, I’d be justifiably upset at this.

Not or trying to be so pessimistic and negative about this, just trying to make aware of the situation.
The amount of public information available about all of us is alarming. If someone is going to be a creeper they don't need this thread to do it.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by defrosted
The amount of public information available about all of us is alarming. If someone is going to be a creeper they don't need this thread to do it.
You are absolutely right, I totally get that. All of our public information is readily available.

My point was the intention of employee was to recognize the individual, not have her name posted on a public forum. There is a lot of people in this world with that name, but we’ve eliminated that anonymity by isolating her here by her occupation. She’s the only <NAME> in the country that does that job.

I’m a pilot, my pay rates are publicly available, I tend to have nice things. My job keeps me away from home and out of the country at least 15 days a month. I too would like to remain anonymous for obvious reasons.

Again, not trying to be crazy about this but some awareness may be prudent.
strickerj and nancypants like this.

Last edited by clubord; Mar 15, 2019 at 9:22 am
Old Mar 15, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
You are absolutely right, I totally get that. All of our public information is readily available.

My point was the intention of employee was to recognize the individual, not have her name posted on a public forum. There is a lot of people in this world with that name, but we’ve eliminated that anonymity by isolating her here by her occupation. She’s the only <NAME> in the country that does that job.

I’m a pilot, my pay rates are publicly available, I tend to have nice things. My job keeps me away from home and out of the country at least 15 days a month. I too would like to remain anonymous for obvious reasons.

It trips me out how many of my friends post travel data on social media.. "Leaving for two weeks in Europe" (Great time to come rob our house!)
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by HDQDD
It trips me out how many of my friends post travel data on social media.. "Leaving for two weeks in Europe" (Great time to come rob our house!)
The trick is not to have burglars for friends. I bet I have posted a thousand pictures of me being out of town and, knock on wood, haven't had a burglary yet.
MCI777, nancypants and Tine Rod like this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:19 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
I did receive one and it was quite nice of them, while I am sure its suggested they do this in flight they are under no direct obligation (that I am aware of) that they have to write notes come hell or high water.

Now the guy next to me in F sure moaned and groaned about it and how "the FA HAS to do these and its dumb blah blah blah"
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
deleted
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: DL DM
On a recent international flight, the pilot handed out personalized cards to me and another DM/MM. Nice touch.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by indufan
The trick is not to have burglars for friends. I bet I have posted a thousand pictures of me being out of town and, knock on wood, haven't had a burglary yet.
I guess I have more "shady" friends. haha. Seriously, I have done that as well, but my feed is limited to my friends. Many people don't realize they post this stuff publicly or to friends of friends (or worse, to the whole twitterverse).
strickerj likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Hm, never rec'd a note, or those darn socks!! Cool!
strickerj likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by defrosted
Not always. I know a new manager at my office that is a complete nobody on the internet. And they don't have a common name. I don't know if it is intentional on their part or they are just lucky.

Edit: I wasn't being an internet creeper. Really I wasn't. Just curious.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I never got that before, but just flew Jet Blue Mint, and got the card with the FA's names on it and thought it was such a nice touch! It also encouraged me to send an email to JetBlue thanking them by the name for truly excellent service. When I get excellent service on DL, I usually give them a Diamond certificate, tweet DL, or ask them to write their name down on a napkin so I can email DL later.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond

You make a good point about flippantly creating opportunity to single out someone.

However the lines between prudence, paranoia and wearing tin foil hats can be thin.
Tine Rod likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I had one of those, once, on an international flight. BUT I did have the local agent thank me for being a medallion member - twice - when checking a bag for a recent flight. It may seem like a silly thing to those who are uber-kryptonite members, but for somebody like me with much less status? I thought it was a very nice touch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.