Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AS AS KL F/J ticket: DL SC Access in SEA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS AS KL F/J ticket: DL SC Access in SEA?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
According to the rules quoted above, this would be true if SEA-MSP were on a DL rather than AS operated flight.
Doesn't matter. The KLM flight is same day. Thus get access at SEA. Simply show the KLM BP and in you go. Lounge access is given at all airports with Slyclubs you fly through as long as you have same day DL/AF/KL flight in J.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Even airports you are not traveling through on that ticket? I'd be very surprised if this were true.
DL grants access to SC when flying that day on a ST partner in J/F. Doesn't need to be same ticket, just like STE+ access doesn't require being on same ticket. STE+ access though would require the qualifying flight to still be flown.

ETA - As OP notes in an update, he got in.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by flyerCO
DL grants access to SC when flying that day on a ST partner in J/F. Doesn't need to be same ticket, just like STE+ access doesn't require being on same ticket. STE+ access though would require the qualifying flight to still be flown.

ETA - As OP notes in an update, he got in.
Appreciate everyone's advice!

This post made me think of the return then... If I'm flying

KL AMS-ORD O class (J)
AS ORD-SEA A class (F)
AS SEA-ANC A class (F)

Would I see any access to the DL lounges in either ORD or SEA? I thought initially, no, but now not 100% certain.

Thanks.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by beckoa
Appreciate everyone's advice!

This post made me think of the return then... If I'm flying

KL AMS-ORD O class (J)
AS ORD-SEA A class (F)
AS SEA-ANC A class (F)

Would I see any access to the DL lounges in either ORD or SEA? I thought initially, no, but now not 100% certain.

Thanks.
You'll get access based on being in J on AMS-ORD on KLM. Show them the KLM BP AMS-ORD, not the AS ORD-SEA. When they scan it, you'll get in. Repeat process in SEA.

J access policy is different from STE+ in the respect of caring who the onward flight is operated by.

STE+ wouldn't get access at ORD/SEA since onward flights weren't ST operated.

Last edited by flyerCO; Mar 13, 2019 at 10:38 pm
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mot29
Different tickets, the DCA agent was being nice!
STE+ Policy does not require being on same tickets. However if on separate tickets then you need to be able to show proof of the qualifying ST flight to get in. The agent will have to enter the qualifying flight into the system so that it "approves" entry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.