Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta To Offer Free WiFi in 1-2 Years

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL, BA, AA Plat Pro, MLIfe Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern
Nope. They come with the Business version only.
Thanks Joseph
Old Mar 12, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by JTE458
Ya'll don't share Gogo access passwords like Netflix? Haven't paid in years (thanks friend who's work pays for it!)
I did try and split a yearly Gogo Wifi pass with two other people about two years ago. Gogo caught us by saying
the only allowed so many mac address devices to an account. I was surprised they actually checked that, but it was the end of our sharing.

My guess is that Delta will have "measured service" when it goes free. Some sort of basic browsing. If you want faster service, to be able to stream or the like, they will have that as an "upsell". Just like everything else in the world.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, AA Plat Pro, F9 Elite 100k
Originally Posted by MikeNYC1
I've also found the SYD-LAX VOZ GoGo passes to be very inexpensive, at $15AUD for the flight. But free is certainly better.
It was $30AUD.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
OneWeb, O3B and SpaceX all promise vast fleets of satellites that will dramatically increase capacity and speeds for global broadband over the next couple years. It is inevitable that airlines will have to include wifi, at least for premium customers.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Cameron B
It was $30AUD.
Prices must have gone up...it was $15AUD per segment when I flew 2 weeks ago.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL reject, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Jelly of the Month, formerly NWA Plat (RIP)
Why would Delta stop charging for something? Their model has been to charge extra for anything they can (bag fees, seat selection fees, change fees, etc.) and look for new ways to nickel and dime their customers. I can see them upgrading the inflight wifi and then raising the price from its current level.

This sounds a lot like the old "Free Beer Tomorrow" sign in bars. But it will be nice if they follow through.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LostInAmerica
Why would Delta stop charging for something? Their model has been to charge extra for anything they can (bag fees, seat selection fees, change fees, etc.) and look for new ways to nickel and dime their customers.
Why do you tell lies? DL has introduced free meals on a significant number of domestic flights (which the other legacy carriers eventually started doing too). They have made inflight movies free (and added a huge number of seatback tvs to help you watch them for free). They added free messaging across the fleet and free satellite tv on many planes. They've added a lot more free food in the clubs then there used to be

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.