Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta codeshare Virgin Premium Select

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by EarlVolFan
According to Virgin, I’m simply right...
Delta’s Comfort Plus = Virgin’s Economy Delight
According to Viirgin’s website their Premium (there is no word Economy in their syntax) seating is supposed to be equivalent to Delta’s Premium Select,
I contend it is not.

On most of the a/c I really, really think you would strongly prefer the Virgin product. It is almost universally considered better. Like I said in my post above, I think you just got unlucky and found yourself on an older aircraft. The 787's do have the leg rests like DL has, have a really nice snack bar wall (I think called the wonder wall or something), dedicated lavs. Personally I think VS has decent food, though DL may have a slight edge on this as they serve meals from the J class menu. Also remember that the DL seats are significantly more narrow, the DL PS cabin does not have dedicated lavs, nor does it have a snack bar.

The Virgin flights were on an Airbus
Yup. Sorry. Try again on the 787, I think you will find that the product is better than DL's.
EarlVolFan likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond 3MM, AMEX Delta Reserve, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I was in Virgin’s “Premium” section and I have flown Delta’s Premium Select, and based on my experience, I thought Virgin’s hard and soft product was inferior.

I also can’t imagine in what world that Virgin’s Premium product is in the same stratosphere as Delta One!

Originally Posted by film_girl
I have to agree with others, I find Virgin’s Premium Economy to be a great hard/soft product. From a service perspective, it’s been as good as Delta One (obviously the hard product isn’t as good but the seat is wide/comfortable). I haven’t flown Premium Select but can’t conceive of it being demonstrably better than Virgin Premium Economy.

Now, Economy Delight is different. Economy Delight is the equivalent of Comfort+, albeit with better service in my experience. As an example, last year I did C+ from SEA to JFK and ED from JFK to LHR. Even accounting for the fact that I was seated next to two lap children in the C+ flight (an actual violation of FAA rules that the FAs only enforced after said children started standing on the tray tables...), I still would’ve paid a premium for the ED product/service over C+. Hell, European domestic would’ve been better.

On the return, LHR-SEA, I was in Premium Economy on VS and as I said, its service was comparable to D1 and the seat, while not lie flat, was great (certainly better than the standard domestic first seat Delta uses on most of its transcons, which aren’t *that* much shorter in length), and I was in a middle seat! Interestingly, that ticket actually terminated in DEN, and the Delta SEA to DEN segment was matched as first class, not C+.

So I guess I wonder how Delta is matching some of these segments with VS. It would make sense for Delta to do ED :: C+, PE :: PS, UD :: D1, but Delta doesn’t truly offer three truly distinct classes of service on most of its routes, so I wonder. The PE paired with first class domestic thing is what throws me...

It it seems like you may have had an Econmy Delight seat, which would definitely be a downgrade from Premium Select. If that isn’t the case and you really were in PE, I’m seriously doubtful a true PS experience would’ve been any better.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
According to Virgin, I’m simply right...

Delta’s Comfort Plus = Virgin’s Economy Delight
According to Viirgin’s website their Premium (there is no word Economy in their syntax) seating is supposed to be equivalent to Delta’s Premium Select,

f.
This is what YOU yourself wrote

The ‘Economy Delight’ product is their Premuim Economy.
And you are patently wrong when you stated that.

Premium (whether it has 'Economy' written after it or not) is a separate cabin. Surely not a hard concept to understand

It's nothing to do with being an 'apologist' for VS (not that I am) but a statement of fact that you are wrong.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:15 am

Before all of you Virgin apologists get defensive ...
Just because others don't share your opinion doesn't mean they're being defensive.

Last edited by rucksack; Mar 11, 2019 at 3:58 pm
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
......Before all of you Virgin apologists get defensive, this post is in the Delta forum, which is for people like me who travel 99% of the time on Delta metal for a reason.......

The fact that several of us disagree with you does not make us Virgin apologists. It just means we don’t agree with you or our experiences differed from yours. Yes, this post is on the Delta forum; if you look at the posts on this thread you will see that they come from Delta medallions, not people lurking on the Delta forum to defend VS.

I last flew VS in PE last October; in December I flew DL in PS on a MPS-HND-MSP itinerary. So I have recent experience on which I’ve based my comments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.