Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Flight changes with codeshare flight numbers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL

I booked DL-operated SFO-ATL-MEX (round-trip) on an AM ticket with AM flight numbers because of the ridiculous MQD earning of AM tickets, but I had to ticket it with a six hour ATL layover in the return direction. Two questions:

- If I do a SDC (which is supposedly possible according to Twitter), and will the subsequent reticket cause the earnings of that segment to change to Delta earnings?
- If I encounter a delay, which is looking likely given SFO weather, and rebook, will that also trigger a change of earning calculation?

I'm in F for what it's worth. (I class on AM.)
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
I figure that, given DL doesn't really know the cost of the ticket, it would be hard to switch from AM to DL earnings, but I have seen enough go wrong with DL partner crediting...
Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by dlflyer00
I booked DL-operated SFO-ATL-MEX (round-trip) on an AM ticket with AM flight numbers because of the ridiculous MQD earning of AM tickets, but I had to ticket it with a six hour ATL layover in the return direction. Two questions:

- If I do a SDC (which is supposedly possible according to Twitter), and will the subsequent reticket cause the earnings of that segment to change to Delta earnings?
- If I encounter a delay, which is looking likely given SFO weather, and rebook, will that also trigger a change of earning calculation?

I'm in F for what it's worth. (I class on AM.)
The reticketing could theoretically cause that segment to change to Delta earnings. You might have to write/call in to get full AM earnings after the fact.

If you want to keep the ticket on AM ticket stock, ask to be unchecked in once you arrive state-side. Then, go online and use the online SDC tool to shift to your new flight. That will preserve your AM ticket stock and therefore your earnings.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
If you have issues go to the AM ticket counter at SFO, not the DL one. They're more likely to be able to sort it out for you in a earning-friendly way
Old Mar 10, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Its been years but I had a minor schedule change switch the coding of a ticket from KL to DL, thereby reducing the MQD earnings. I'd saved all the documents and was eventually able to get the credit as if the flight had continued to KL coded.
OTOH, a few years ago for no reason I can figure out, I had an 006 DL coded VA flight get recoded to VA. I didn't complain about getting the VA MQDs.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:29 pm

If you get changed around involuntarily, i.e. IRROPS and it changes the flight; can't you just request original routing credit to get the earnings you would have had?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You can get ORC for an involuntary change (WX, MX, schedule change that violates MCT) but not for voluntary changes (SDC).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.