Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Error #101644R

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Error #101644R

Anyone else seen this issue/error?
Trying to book an extended layover in NYC (~8 hours), and multi-city (ATL > NYC; NYC > AMS; AMS > ATL) is faulting with this error (tried same and different airports, no luck):

Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Chick FIl-A Red Member
You're most likely confusing the itinerary system. Happened to me before. Usually a quick call to the Medallion or Reservations line can fix this. Just make sure you have the exact flight numbers handy and they'll just book you on the phone.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by av8rsamr
You're most likely confusing the itinerary system. Happened to me before. Usually a quick call to the Medallion or Reservations line can fix this. Just make sure you have the exact flight numbers handy and they'll just book you on the phone.
Yeah - took them like 25 minutes for Medallion desk to confirm with online support and re-confirm their system is hosed.
Can't do ATL > (NYC) > AMS dragging connection >6 hours.

SECOND question - any way to push connection time >7 hours on Delta.com?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
You might want to price ATL<>JFK and JFK<>AMS separately regardless. For some other ATL<>EU pairs DL will make you pay more out of ATL even if connecting in JFK.

Or make that ATL<>NYC if you are planning on spending time in NY anyway.

Last edited by exwannabe; Jan 29, 2018 at 4:13 pm
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:34 pm

This happened to me last night. It was cheaper to book different tickets, and worked by itself.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I always have to call to book overnight connections at AMS or CDG. Multicity no longer works unless it's a real stopover (over 24 hours).
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: DL DM
Have you tried klm.com?
I was just able to do it for some random dates in Feb, which matched the same prices for a simple r/t ATL-AMS on DL.com (and kl.com)

I will say that I'm shocked how much more it is from ATL than from NYC and agree with those that suggest separate tix.
Didn't price that out, but easily $hundreds more....
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:23 am
Original Poster

This is hilarious (not) - just got same error, over a year later. In this case, I had already booked the flight - was just looking to see if prices went up. I think it's a VA or KLM thing.

Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
ATL-AMS via JFK ought to price as a connection with up to 24 hours on the ground as it is international.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.