Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Relocating to NYC - Sell Me on Delta

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
DL has made a huge investment in the New York Market. To me they are the obvious choice.... Then again, if you don't fly them, I have a better chance of getting an upgrade!

Good luck!
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by axpmaluga
So we just rented a place right by Penn Station. Think that makes me lean towards EWR/United but let me know if I'm missing something.
Equally easy to get on the subway to LGA or JFK from there as well. And cheaper (particularly to LGA).

I was going to say that EWR is a hellhole (which it is), but it occurs to me that LGA is kind of a hellhole as well (just a different variety). Didn't have such a bad recent experience at JFK, but it probably does take the longest to get to.

I agree that you'll need to research sample fares over several dates and destinations and see if anybody tends to be cheaper.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I think Delta has the best onetime arrivals, a great hard product, and very friendly staff.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by hotturnip
Equally easy to get on the subway to LGA or JFK from there as well. And cheaper (particularly to LGA).
What subway to LGA? 🤔
rogo, deltamedallionflyer and ryw like this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by SamOF
That would be my guess as well, but is not my experience out of JFK, unfortunately. I think LAX may just have more widebodies.
Can confirm, LAX is WAY easier. I was 6 out 60-something JFK-SFO as a diamond with a RUC applied. Meanwhile, last week, from LAX-
JFK, eight seats cleared at the gate. I think even a high fare/card-carrying gold might have made it.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by rucksack
What subway to LGA? 🤔
Take the F to the Q70 SBS. It really is easy and quick, if the F is convenient.
NYC Flyer likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 10:22 pm

this. people were walking the last bit of their trip to LGA this week, ON THE HIGHWAY.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 10:24 pm

agreed. did it last week! it's quite a quick trip from the airport to the subway station.

also the Q70 is free through sometime in september... don't spend that $2.75 all in one place!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.