Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FYI on Canceled PWM Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by TerryK
That's consistent with what OP posted. No MQD on PWM ecredit.

I have never received MQD on PWM portion of tickets even when not reissued. DL system functions consistently in this case.

i think since my ticket will be on Klm flight numbers the MQD’s will just be calculated based on distance flown so I should be good.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
If you cancel within first 24 hours, you get back the miles and the money...
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
So after the total eclipse of the sun, I made several different flights from PDX to BOS using refundable fares as I was unsure about the traffic situation etc. I used PWM to purchase the tickets.When I cancelled the tickets that I would not be using, the miles were not credited back into my Skymiles account. The full dollar values of the tickets remained in my wallet as a credit however.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Can these credits be used on non-DL flights? Specifically, flights operated and marketed by KE.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:50 am

​​​​​​In my experience PWM has not been available on partner flights. If you are logged in you can quickly try to book a dummy ticket and see if PWM is offered.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:12 am

I am still not sure some people are understanding my question. I canceled a PWM refundable ticket for $405, I got a $5 credit card refund and now I have an Ecredit for $400(used 40k miles) in my wallet, so when I go to book a new revenue ticket with the Ecredit it shows I will earn MQM's and MQD's, it also appears that I can use it towards a DL marketed KLM (ATL-AMS).

Has anyone used an ecredit received from canceling a PWM ticket? If yes did you earn MQD's?

Thanks,
Jason

Last edited by Jay00848; Mar 9, 2019 at 6:35 am Reason: Fixed flight info (flight was MCO-ATL-AMS)
Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Jay00848
I am still not sure some people are understanding my question. I canceled a PWM refundable ticket for $405, I got a $5 credit card refund and now I have an Ecredit for $400(used 40k miles) in my wallet, so when I go to book a new revenue ticket with the Ecredit it shows I will earn MQM's and MQD's, it also appears that I can use it towards a DL marketed KLM (MCO-AMS).

Has anyone used an ecredit received from canceling a PWM ticket? If yes did you earn MQD's?

Thanks,
Jason
You earn per the terms of the new ticket . The fact the funds came from a previous ticket don't matter. As long as you don't book a PWM ticket you can use for KLM flight.

FYI AFAIK there's no KLM operated flight MCO-AMS. Theres a KL marketed, DL operated flight.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
You earn per the terms of the new ticket . The fact the funds came from a previous ticket don't matter. As long as you don't book a PWM ticket you can use for KLM flight.

FYI AFAIK there's no KLM operated flight MCO-AMS. Theres a KL marketed, DL operated flight.

Thanks FlyerCO.... I also updated the flight info, it had a stop over in ATL, the KL operated was the ATL-AMS. I am doing a flight that has Z class available for GUC to be applied.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.