Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta FT Photograph Collection- a flame free thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta FT Photograph Collection- a flame free thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2020, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Sunset while descending into the DC area then a couple shots taken during the River Visual to Runway 19 at DCA this evening, one of the Kennedy Center and then the other of the Washington Monument, Tidal Basin, and Jefferson Memorial.
I fondly remember my first flight into DCA with the river visual approach. At the time, I hadn't actually been aware how close DCA was to the city as we were only connecting through DCA. I was awestruck at just how close you get right before the hard right turn to the runway. I now take pains to pick an "A" window seat every time and then feel ripped off whenever the approach is from the south .
cmd320, strickerj, Zorak and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 7:58 am

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, IHG Ambassador, CLEAR/Global Entry
Sunset while descending into the DC area then a couple shots taken during the River Visual to Runway 19 at DCA this evening, one of the Kennedy Center and then the other of the Washington Monument, Tidal Basin, and Jefferson Memorial.

Ill be flying into DCA on Sept 24th just in time for the WWII Arsenal of Democracy Flyover by over 100+ WWII Warbirds.

Looking forward to seeing this sight and just switched my seat to the Port side of the aircraft to get this view. Thank you for the heads Up! If your in the DC area on Sept 25th, look up WWII Flyover on the intrawebs to get info on the aircraft and flight plan which will go over the National Mall.
ND76 and KenTarmac like this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DTW-ICN approaching Russia looking South back in January:

aeroman380 and dmarge18 like this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by tardyturtle
I fondly remember my first flight into DCA with the river visual approach. At the time, I hadn't actually been aware how close DCA was to the city as we were only connecting through DCA. I was awestruck at just how close you get right before the hard right turn to the runway. I now take pains to pick an "A" window seat every time and then feel ripped off whenever the approach is from the south .
This was only my second time flying into DCA. Both times we've gotten the river visual though on my first flight in, I was in an aisle seat so I didn't get the full view. I'll have to look to get a seat on the right side going out and hope we takeoff to the north.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 9:51 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Arrival into JFK

cmd320, strickerj and dmarge18 like this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Arrival into JFK
Slightly OT, but any idea what those little perpendicular sea wall looking things are on the beach? I'm assuming the help prevent sand erosion or something.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 10:10 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by cmd320
Slightly OT, but any idea what those little perpendicular sea wall looking things are on the beach? I'm assuming the help prevent sand erosion or something.
That’s my understanding but not totally sure to be honest.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Way back in the day where I grew up(not NY) they were used to mark property lines on the beaches.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by TomMM
Way back in the day where I grew up(not NY) they were used to mark property lines on the beaches.
Very interesting, I never would have guessed that.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
It counts as long as there’s a Delta aircraft in the photo, right?
USMC Memorial in Arlington, VA and also looking down “The Mall” with the Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument, and a DL 737 on the River Visual to 19 at DCA.

Old Oct 9, 2020, 6:10 pm

It counts as long as there’s a Delta aircraft in the photo, right?
USMC Memorial in Arlington, VA and also looking down “The Mall” with the Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument, and a DL 737 on the River Visual to 19 at DCA.
Nice shot!
Old Oct 22, 2020, 1:28 pm

Programs: Delta PM
ATL->LAX on 10/16.

AeRoSpaceman, cmd320 and strickerj like this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
Passing downtown Orlando on the downwind leg of a rare northbound approach to MCO in the summer.
Cool...I can see my house.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 10:23 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund

Took this while flying over Denver yesterday. Very sad to see
KenTarmac and strickerj like this.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL DM
To all of my fellow MSP flyers--it's that time of year already where the ground is white!

KenTarmac and strickerj like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.