Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Lounge access with domestic first class ticket?

Lounge access with domestic first class ticket?

Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Canada is considered international for skyclub access purposes.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by stevendorechester
Actually it looks like Canada is now excluded from access, so are any other international destinations that are not Delta One flights for Delta passengers ( so, for example AM business class passengers would still get access). However, enforcement seem to be haphazard; my last trip with Delta was from YUL to HND via MSP and I paid for Delta select ( G Fare), and then paid to up-fare my portion from Montreal to first class. I knew of the new policy and expected to be turned away at the Skyclub as when I asked I was told by all employees in both club that Canada no longer gets access. However when they scanned my boarding pass I was given access to both clubs. One agent said it was because I was going to Tokyo I had access ( I was in PS ). I don' t know if it was because the computer saw a G fare as being premium class and international or the computer saw my Z class fare from Montreal as Delta One or International business class. So the agents let me in based on what the computer said, and judging by how busy the clubs have gotten I can see why they are making access more restrcitive.
The computer is correct, agents are not. Canada still gets access.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
No. The lounge access page on delta.com lists Canada as an included international destination for Elite+ and Premium Cabin passengers, as of this moment.
I am about to book with Delta, paid F, non-refundable YVR-SEA-ATL-FLL. Am I correct in that I will have lounge access SEA and/or ATL?

Thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
My understanding is you will have lounge access. However I have never attained lounge access through that mechanism and cannot say that csrtainy. How I read the rules though you should be permitted.
MAXII likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MAXII
I am about to book with Delta, paid F, non-refundable YVR-SEA-ATL-FLL. Am I correct in that I will have lounge access SEA and/or ATL?

Thanks.
Yes. No lounge at YVR since there's no accessible lounge.
MSPeconomist and MAXII like this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
no issues at SCs to/from Canada

No issues getting in with FC BPs at SCs at JFK, DTW, or MSP to/from Canada in the past few months. Invol reroute via ATL on award ticket, upgraded to FC, SC agent didn't bat an eye .
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by correction
I'm going to try anyway. I'm pretty charming.
I doubt that George Clooney could charm his way into a SkyClub without meeting the access requirements. And I suspect youre not as charming as George Clooney. 😉
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:07 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by correction
I'm going to try anyway. I'm pretty charming.
It might help if you dress up as a 7-year-old...

Do Sky Clubs Ever Let in Cute 7 Year Olds for Free?

Originally Posted by lucycan
Please report back with your results!
... and please post pictures if you do
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: AS, UA, AA, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Silver
Hopping on this thread to double check access. Our itinerary is paid first (Z class) YVR-SEA-ATL (overnight)-CZM. Looks like the SEA-ATL leg the seat map shows the lie flat seats but it doesn't say Delta One. Would we have lounge access in SEA and ATL? We have priority pass as well, so have that as a back up, though I haven't flown through ATL much (only 2x actually), so not sure about any of the lounges there that would be convenient to our flight to CZM. Thanks for the input! When I logged on to inquire, I figured we wouldn't have access to Sky Clubs, so I'm intrigued we might?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
With a same day transborder flight to/from Canada in FC, you get lounge access. Having flat beds or not doesn't matter, although your flight will be domestic FC service not D1. The following day, after an overnight connection, is more ambiguous, although your case is stronger if it's a genuine connection (under 24 hours and on the same fare component) and not a stopover or multicity itinerary/broken fare.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
With a same day transborder flight to/from Canada in FC, you get lounge access. Having flat beds or not doesn't matter, although your flight will be domestic FC service not D1. The following day, after an overnight connection, is more ambiguous, although your case is stronger if it's a genuine connection (under 24 hours and on the same fare component) and not a stopover or multicity itinerary/broken fare.
CZM is in Mexico which also gets free SC access when in FC so there should be no issues there.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: AS, UA, AA, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Silver
Thanks! We land in ATL at about 23:00 and depart for Cozumel Mexico at 10:45 AM the next morning. All on the same ticket in Z class. So, if I understand correctly, we would have access in SEA. That'll be nice as we have close to a 3 hr layover there and the Club there isn't anything special. Thanks!
Old Mar 9, 2019, 5:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
CZM is in Mexico which also gets free SC access when in FC so there should be no issues there.
Does it? I know the Caribbean is excluded for lounge access and IIRC beach resorts in Mexico are too (but not Mexico City), although DL keeps changing the rules as well as having different definitions of international for different purposes.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Does it? I know the Caribbean is excluded for lounge access and IIRC beach resorts in Mexico are too (but not Mexico City), although DL keeps changing the rules as well as having different definitions of international for different purposes.
From the DL Site, doesn't exclude Mexican beach destinations.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DL has never distinguished between cities in Mexico for lounge access. It's only AA that limits lounge access to flights specifically to/from MEX.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...lub-access.jsp

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.