Community
Wiki Posts
Search

C+ Upgrade Opt-Out Meaningless

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:34 pm

happened to me once. Also on my last trip I had a window seat in the non-preferred seats, then they moved me up to the first row behind C+ (as if that's some kind of upgrade?) annoying thing is I didn't want to be that close to C+ as they board before me and often take up the overhead bins near my row, forcing me to go back to find any space.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by dszrew
happened to me once. Also on my last trip I had a window seat in the non-preferred seats, then they moved me up to the first row behind C+ (as if that's some kind of upgrade?) annoying thing is I didn't want to be that close to C+ as they board before me and often take up the overhead bins near my row, forcing me to go back to find any space.
Delta does this all the time and it is very, very frustrating. Seats like 14D on a 737-900 are blocked for gate assignment, and gate agents will frequently move people into that seat (pretending it is a "benefit") in order to accommodate families, etc elsewhere. On a 739 I am in 36C a lot, which is usually reserved for gate assignments, so gate agents seem especially likely to move you. By the time you get to the gate, to complain, they'll tell you it's too late to do anything as they can't force people to move against their will (somehow missing the irony of that statement given the fact that is what they just did to you a few minutes earlier).

One could say "no big deal" but it is a big deal to me. The blocked seats are always on the right side of the plane (14D, 20D, etc). I prefer the left side of the plane so I at least have a place for my right elbow to go when I am trying to use my laptop with my dominant hand (as opposed to ramming someone's side the whole flight). Furthermore, to your point, you are likely to have bag issues if you don't board early (I will often stop by the SkyClub and grab something to eat if I am in the back of the plane since I will have time, whereas I wouldn't if I was further up in the plane).
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Happened to me yesterday asked for my original seat was told I'd get it, I was then sent to 37D
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
Happened to me yesterday asked for my original seat was told I'd get it, I was then sent to 37D
Oof. That's the worst (assuming it's a 739). 37D gets some heavy lav smells every time that door opens. Only airplane seat I've ever sat in where this has been a noticeable issue (probably because it's the only seat I've ever sat in that is literally next to the door).
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
it was, and it smelled even with the doors closed.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Any Center seat is NEVER an upgrade. A simple fix could have been made years ago when they announced this C+ upgrade program. Thankfully there are some good GAs out there that know to ask before moving people into a Center.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Cameron B
Is this option to opt out of C+ not available on every flight? I didn't even get offered that anywhere in my checkin process for my Int'l segment (used desktop for web check-in).
You can set up your profile so that you're only on the upgrade list for First, not C+. I did it right after I achieved status, because this same thing happened to me--moved from my nice exit row seat to a crappy C+ seat. I haven't had a problem since. So I don't get why this is an issue. Are people saying that they're getting moved to C+ even if they have deleted that option from their profile?

Having said that, I can't remember for the life of me exactly how I went about eliminating that. But whenever I look at a booking, the First Class upgrade list is checked, the C+ is not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.