Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Couple angry about carryon bags at FLL Delta T2 this morning

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Couple angry about carryon bags at FLL Delta T2 this morning

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by live5
I completely agree, I fly there about once a month. BUT! They are working on it! The usable space in the terminal is going to nearly double with a new SkyClub on the second floor and the old SkyClub converted to gate area space. And it will be connected post-security to Terminals 1 and 3 so there will be a ton of extra space to move around. Supposed to be done in 2021 I believe.
Nice! I no longer visits FLL. I am not like TSA behaviors about my Arizona ID. I had unexpired and valid ID. I already gave them a disciplinary action against the screeners. All they want me to leave me alone! I already got travel ID now. I was complained with TSA screeners at FLL last 2 years ago.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
Random person: Texas sucks.
Texan: gonna kill you for that!

Random person: Florida sucks
Floridian: man, that's not even the funniest part, listen to this...

I'll take Florida.
There needs to be a 'watch this and hold my beer' somewhere in there too.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
The attorney accepting this suit should be disbarred! It's a frivolous suit. To imply that Delta is responsible for her biting a police officer and his trying to take the officer's gun is beyond ludicrous!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by divrdrew
The attorney accepting this suit should be disbarred! It's a frivolous suit. To imply that Delta is responsible for her biting a police officer and his trying to take the officer's gun is beyond ludicrous!
Maybe the officer looked at her funny?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by zitsky
Maybe the officer looked at her funny?
Or maybe she thought there was a treat on his arm?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:01 pm

Or maybe he offered.... even enticed her maybe, to bite his arm.
(sorry late to the party but I have ample supply of popcorn)
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by N830MH
I thought they stay in the jail for a while? They arent allowed to fly out of FLL for a quite some time. Do you think they will take on Greyhound bus or Amtrak?
The fine pair posted bail— the alleged gun grabber had higher bail than the arm chomper.

Strange that their lawyer is a NYC attorney and not FL— considering where the arrest took place. I would think that they would have to get permission from the court to leave FL so they may be hanging out there for a while. Not that NYC is missing them. Hope they do not get an easy plea bargain.

Do airlines share DNF lists? How much carry on does Greyhound allow?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arttravel

The fine pair posted bail— the alleged gun grabber had higher bail than the arm chomper.

Strange that their lawyer is a NYC attorney and not FL— considering where the arrest took place. I would think that they would have to get permission from the court to leave FL so they may be hanging out there for a while. Not that NYC is missing them. Hope they do not get an easy plea bargain.

Yes, if they have a permission to leave FL. If they says ok from the court Let the attorney decision, not for couple.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:39 am

The article stated that the pair had an attorney in NY and one in FL. I assume the one in FL is the criminal attorney and the one in NY is for the civil suit
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by stillontheroad
The article stated that the pair had an attorney in NY and one in FL. I assume the one in FL is the criminal attorney and the one in NY is for the civil suit
You are correct, I was focusing on the NYC attorney who must be the civil and is already trying out his case -- blaming the lack of respect from Delta. When I feel disrespected I do not have the urge to bite, but to each their own.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Well the couple is out of jail and claiming to be victims (via their lawyers).

“We believe and intend to prove that it was Delta employees’ lack of respect for their customers, poor training and incompetence that escalated the situation,” according to Zinkovetsky.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...228-story.html

So Delta's alleged "incompetence" led the female to bite .....
FYI -
legally, you do not have to RESPECT anyone. Welcome to America.
Poor training - if you could really sue for that, we would ALL be in court.
Incompetence. Again - welcome to America.

Not attempting to be political at all, but it is not illegal to be stupid, a moron, or incompetent. Good luck with the lawsuit.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:27 pm

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but even I know a lawsuit is stupid.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
FYI -
legally, you do not have to RESPECT anyone. Welcome to America.
Poor training - if you could really sue for that, we would ALL be in court.
Incompetence. Again - welcome to America.

Not attempting to be political at all, but it is not illegal to be stupid, a moron, or incompetent. Good luck with the lawsuit.
I know, I know ! I interact with quite few regularly.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by stillontheroad
They have a snowbird firm.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spamkiller
They have a snowbird firm.
Yes, they had an attorney in NY. If they will talks with the judge. Let the judge has to says. Let the attorney decision on those couple. They will eventually to dropped the charges against them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.