Westjet redeemable miles and MQM?

Old Oct 10, 2019, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
DL definitely gives 50% MQM credit for miles flown when booked on a discounted fare with Westjet. 100% MQMs when booked with DL. I very frequently travel to Canada.
I think it's less and more like 25%. I'm looking at some of my trans-continental WS flights that were credited to my DL account and it looks like I got a minuscule amount of MQM. I probably should have booked the flights on DL's website for a bit more, but I would have gotten substantially more MQMs. Oh well, lesson learned.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by LBJ
If you book as DL-coded flights, they will earn miles/MQD's based on spend (and MQM's distance). If booked as WS-coded, miles/MQD's will be based on distance (refer to WS earnings table). Note that most economy fares do not earn 100% MQM's (unlike DL marketed flights).
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html
Hopefully with the new DL/WS JV, WS flights will earn 100% MQMs going forward.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.