Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL Sky Club access when connecting in BOS - separate tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond

I'm using Virgin Atlantic points to fly DL ONE from LHR to BOS then connecting to another DL flight to DCA on a separate ticket.

Will I be able to access the DL Club at BOS as an arriving DL ONE passenger while waiting for my next flight even if they're on separate tickets???

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 25, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: DL DM, 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Yes you will.
geo1005 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by JCWCVG
Yes you will.
I'm not that confident about it.
If it's a separate ticket then the OP won't get access from that BOS-xxx ticket. And Skyclub on arrivals would only work if you are either a skyclub member...?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
I think OP will be granted access. I’m less sure he’ll actually enjoy it.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:50 pm

Yes, you will absolutely be able to use the BOS skyclub as long as the flight from BOS-DCA leaves on the same day as you depart LHR. The D1 ticket qualifies you. Make sure you get paper tickets for both flights (especially LHR-BOS), and hand the agent both when you get to BOS. Done this a bunch of times and never had an issue.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by The Situation
Yes, you will absolutely be able to use the BOS skyclub as long as the flight from BOS-DCA leaves on the same day as you depart LHR. The D1 ticket qualifies you. Make sure you get paper tickets for both flights (especially LHR-BOS), and hand the agent both when you get to BOS. Done this a bunch of times and never had an issue.
Thanks - learned something new. Seems like the paper BP is the way to go.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
OP will have access. Just need to show BP from arriving flight.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by seattleBH
OP will have access. Just need to show BP from arriving flight.
This. Don't even show BOS-XXX as that will immediately trigger "domestic flights don't get access in F."
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
This. Don't even show BOS-XXX as that will immediately trigger "domestic flights don't get access in F."
You need to show both tickets, since you do not get lounge access if you don't have a connecting flight. I did this four times last year at SEA, LAX, HNL and SLC. You hand them both boarding passes, you don't need to say anything or explain anything. I just say good morning/afternoon and hand them both tickets. Once, an agent two years ago asked me "separate tickets?" I said "yes." She did some typing and I was in. Skyclub agents are competent. OP or anyone else will have zero issue and there is no need to worry about them making up rules.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Thanks to all who have responded.

I plan to do just as advised - two paper boarding passes! ^
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by The Situation
You need to show both tickets, since you do not get lounge access if you don't have a connecting flight. I did this four times last year at SEA, LAX, HNL and SLC. You hand them both boarding passes, you don't need to say anything or explain anything. I just say good morning/afternoon and hand them both tickets. Once, an agent two years ago asked me "separate tickets?" I said "yes." She did some typing and I was in. Skyclub agents are competent. OP or anyone else will have zero issue and there is no need to worry about them making up rules.
Virgin arrives at Terminal E at Logan.

Delta domestic leaves from A.

OP wouldn't get thru A security without a BP.

But the lounge agent will only enter the eligible flight - the international premium flight - for access purposes, as that is the ticket that will be billed for OP's entry.
Old May 15, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
If flying FCO-LAX on AZ J then LAX-PHX on DL Y (two separate PNRs) do you still have access to the SCs in LAX? This would be for a non-elite member.
Old May 15, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
If flying FCO-LAX on AZ J then LAX-PHX on DL Y (two separate PNRs) do you still have access to the SCs in LAX? This would be for a non-elite member.
You should have access to the Delta Sky Club in LAX with an onward ticket however you won't have access in PHX (on arrival).
Jimgotkp likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.