Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta A330-900neo Best Premium Select + Seats (Consolidated)

Delta A330-900neo Best Premium Select + Seats (Consolidated)

Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by kjnangre
If we're comparing to the other west coast hubs (SFO, LAX) then I don't think your premise holds.
I don't think that's fair. DL always looks at the long term, not the immediate future (for example: their move at LAX which will cause 10 years of frustration but ultimately be a better long term plan).

In just a few years, they've built from a scratch a major new hub at SEA while kicking off the largest construction project in LAX history, and creating a new TPAC JV to boot. Not like they been sitting around twiddling their thumbs. This year brand new planes are coming into service at SEA, and next year new IAF facilities.
SFO/LAX are larger markets. Much larger.

Ive said this before - Im a bit skeptical of the long-term viability of DLs SEA hub operation but Id love to see them stick around. More competition benefits us flyers, and thats something I dont take for granted since I grew up flying out of DTW.
ZJ3000 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by ethernal
Given that Economy is only 2-4-2, wouldn't Premium Select have to be 2-3-2? This is an A330, not an A350.
That was my reaction as well.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
It's not as PS or Comfort+ rich as the '4-cabin' layout of the 777 but that still looks pretty good.

777/77L 28J/48W/90Y+/122Y (7CD)

29J/28W/56Y+/168Y per the linked ThePointsGuy piece.
No matter how one compares it, 29J represents an unsurprising reduction in the J cabin vs the 34J config of the existing A330 configs. The 4 row W cabin seems a bit more plausible than the perhaps oversized W cabins on the 777 and 359, and I'd be more likely to book the 2-3-2 config than the 2-4-2 config of the larger planes. I guess if W sales end up being stronger than expected, it'll be easy to expand backwards into the Y+ section.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:43 am
RY7

No one is talking about the single D1 seat in the last row, why is there no single seat on the right side?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by kjnangre
In just a few years, they've built from a scratch a major new hub at SEA
It's not really from scratch. NWA had operated Asia flights from SEA for years, and it's not like there was not already a big airport there to begin with.

Originally Posted by RY7
No one is talking about the single D1 seat in the last row, why is there no single seat on the right side?
It does not look like lavs or closets are demarcated on the maps, so I would assume that the other side where there is not seat is space for one or the other. Who knows, maybe DL is finally planning to launch mattress pads and they are adding more storage to J for them.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
It's not really from scratch. NWA had operated Asia flights from SEA for years, and it's not like there was not already a big airport there to begin with.
True, they didn't build the city of Seattle or the Space Needle either.

Is it possible you're missing the point a bit? They went from an unremarkable operation to a significant hub. Off the top of my head, I can't recall the last time that happened in the US (all the new hubs I can think of came from mergers and acquisitions). It's noteworthy, IMO
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by vincentharris
https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...nfiguarations/

I think the big call out here is the fact premium select is going to a 2-3-2 config instead of 2-4-2 which is more in line with Virgin Atlantic. I for one am happy about the premium select reconfig.
Agreed! I normally travel alone on long hauls and prefer the center isle when I do not get the chance to sit up front. But man, I avoid it like the plague on 2-4-2.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
I guess it's official - the A339 is coming to SEA: https://news.delta.com/delta-bring-m...-flying-summer

TLDR:

PVG starts 7/1 (upgauge from 763)
ICN starts 8/1 (upgauge from 763)
NRT starts 8/31 (downgauge from A359)

Pretty much expected PEK and KIX to get left out of the a/c upgrades, but I'm a bit surprised AMS missed out on it too.
ZJ3000 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by BenA

Itll be exciting to see what happens here. I think the 767 has been holding Delta back on some of the Asia routes from a premium demand perspective; with the suites, they will be able to better compete with CX/SQ/NH/BR/OZ for premium traffic to Asia...
.....and raise fares.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by RY7
Speculation hat:
- Reserved for crew rest so they aren't numbering it
- Stairwell down to crew rest quarters
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
Speculation hat:
- Reserved for crew rest so they aren't numbering it
- Stairwell down to crew rest quarters
The lavs have not been drawn in anywhere in the aircraft yet.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Who knows, maybe DL is finally planning to launch mattress pads and they are adding more storage to J for them.
Your fingers to God's ears.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:42 pm

It looks like the stairwell to the crew rest area is shown in the center just ahead of the emergency exits behind the wing. That is where the stairwell is located on the A330-300.
WhiskeyBravo likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
Speculation hat:
Reserved for crew rest so they aren't numbering it
The current A330's all have crew rest below deck, and DL seems to have avoided any of the crew-rest type seats in the customer cabin on all newer a/c. I doubt this would be a crew rest.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Excellent news that SEAPVG and SEAKIX are getting new equipment to replace my least favorite biz product.

Even better is the award inventory that popped up for SEAPVG in the Fall, I may redeposit some
CX awards and give the neo a try. 5 seats available on the day we want to travel.

Last edited by stephem; Mar 2, 2019 at 10:20 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.