Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta A330-900neo Best Premium Select + Seats (Consolidated)

Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...nfiguarations/

I think the big call out here is the fact premium select is going to a 2-3-2 config instead of 2-4-2 which is more in line with Virgin Atlantic. I for one am happy about the premium select reconfig.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by vincentharris
https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...nfiguarations/

I think the big call out here is the fact premium select is going to a 2-3-2 config instead of 2-4-2 which is more in line with Virgin Atlantic. I for one am happy about the premium select reconfig.
Given that Economy is only 2-4-2, wouldn't Premium Select have to be 2-3-2? This is an A330, not an A350.
SEA-Flyer and ijgordon like this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: DL - PM
I saw this in the filing yesterday. I'm pretty impressed with how many Y+ seats they have in this configuration. They did put in a much lower percentage of W seats than the 350's; maybe the talk on the forums that those seats aren't selling well has some merit?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:24 am

I am curious about the D1 suites. The seats in this LOPA look like the regular Vantage XL (the consoles do not meet the seats in front on the applicable seat sets). E.g. looks like you can walk through each middle row. If you can walk through the middle, there is no point in having doors. Might just be a generic seat image.

For both the A350 and 777 refits, Delta had to file for an exemption to have doors on the suites with the FAA. Any word if that has taken place with the A330neo?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by ethernal
Given that Economy is only 2-4-2, wouldn't Premium Select have to be 2-3-2? This is an A330, not an A350.

Yes, they could not do 8 across and have any extra seat width. That being said, on VS these seats are at 21" width which is great. If they mod the rest of the A330 fleet like this then this will be a fantastic product that is also widely available.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by M2578Z
I am curious about the D1 suites. The seats in this LOPA look like the regular Vantage XL (the consoles do not meet the seats in front on the applicable seat sets). E.g. looks like you can walk through each middle row. If you can walk through the middle, there is no point in having doors. Might just be a generic seat image.

For both the A350 and 777 refits, Delta had to file for an exemption to have doors on the suites with the FAA. Any word if that has taken place with the A330neo?
Yes, Airbus applied for an exemption to allow doors on the A330-900 for an "unnamed American carrier." Of course, there's only one American carrier with the A330-900 on order...
M2578Z likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
It's not as PS or Comfort+ rich as the '4-cabin' layout of the 777 but that still looks pretty good.

777/77L 28J/48W/90Y+/122Y (7CD)

29J/28W/56Y+/168Y per the linked ThePointsGuy piece.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:06 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
Yes, Airbus applied for an exemption to allow doors on the A330-900 for an "unnamed American carrier." Of course, there's only one American carrier with the A330-900 on order...
You never know, it could be Spirit????
fsuj25, M2578Z and TheHorta like this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: Delta DM | Hyatt Globalist
I'll be curious to see which routes first see the 330neo. Still haven't had an opportunity to fly DL's A350 and hope I'll have better luck catching a ride on the 330neo given 35 on order.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by JAeX
I'll be curious to see which routes first see the 330neo. Still haven't had an opportunity to fly DL's A350 and hope I'll have better luck catching a ride on the 330neo given 35 on order.
SEA>Asia for sure!
ZJ3000 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by audidudi
SEA>Asia for sure!
Itll be exciting to see what happens here. I think the 767 has been holding Delta back on some of the Asia routes from a premium demand perspective; with the suites, they will be able to better compete with CX/SQ/NH/BR/OZ for premium traffic to Asia...
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
‘Me likey’ this configuration...quite a bit...much better than the A350...
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by audidudi
SEA>Asia for sure!
Originally Posted by BenA
Itll be exciting to see what happens here. I think the 767 has been holding Delta back on some of the Asia routes from a premium demand perspective; with the suites, they will be able to better compete with CX/SQ/NH/BR/OZ for premium traffic to Asia...
Agreed! The SEA hub desperately needs this. I believe SEA-Europe is supposed to go all A339 also. That combined with the new International Arrivals Facility will really improve DL's west coast operation
ZJ3000 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Agreed! The SEA hub desperately needs this. I believe SEA-Europe is supposed to go all A339 also. That combined with the new International Arrivals Facility will really improve DL's west coast operation
With so much competition in SEA, DL is going to need to do quite a bit of upselling to prop up yields. They should have deployed nicer planes for its Asia ops a couple years ago especially as they ramped up the hub. It almost feels like a rushed job right now.

Im sure the 339 will do well on the core routes: SEA-ICN/AMS/CDG. Even TYO is going to be tougher to defend now that JL is jumping into the fray, even though DL is an established carrier on that route.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ab2013
With so much competition in SEA
If we're comparing to the other west coast hubs (SFO, LAX) then I don't think your premise holds.
Originally Posted by ab2013
They should have deployed nicer planes for its Asia ops a couple years ago especially as they ramped up the hub. It almost feels like a rushed job right now.
I don't think that's fair. DL always looks at the long term, not the immediate future (for example: their move at LAX which will cause 10 years of frustration but ultimately be a better long term plan).

In just a few years, they've built from a scratch a major new hub at SEA while kicking off the largest construction project in LAX history, and creating a new TPAC JV to boot. Not like they been sitting around twiddling their thumbs. This year brand new planes are coming into service at SEA, and next year new IAF facilities.
ZJ3000 and TEBraniff like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.