Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Removes Global Entry Voucher from Choice Benefits as of Today (2/21/2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Removes Global Entry Voucher from Choice Benefits as of Today (2/21/2019)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:47 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Makes sense that they're doing this. As others have said, it's highly unlikely that DM's are actually using this benefit and the value of 25k SkyMiles exceeds the credit anyway...
Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by ethernal
Some people have more pride than that and believe strongly in classical liberalism. I too am a non-pre/GE Diamond and I would wait in line for days before actively supporting a system that creates special privileges for those that meet an arbitrary risk score output by a secret algorithm using inputs that may or may be right with no process for judicial review. It is no better than the Chinese social credit system that is rightfully mocked in the US.

I would give Delta kudos for axing the Global Entry voucher, but I doubt it was based on any principle given how in bed Delta is in general with the DHS.
For $20 a year, $1.67 per month I think it is worth it.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It could easily be worth the $100 if it keeps you from missing a flight.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It could easily be worth the $100 if it keeps you from missing a flight.
Just there are better ways to get it (i.e. various credit cards or even paying out of pocket) vs taking it as one of your choice benefits.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MarkP24
Just there are better ways to get it (i.e. various credit cards or even paying out of pocket) vs taking it as one of your choice benefits.
Of course, but I'm just pointing out that GE can be worth $100 even if you must pay the entire application fee yourself.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:21 pm

Of course, but I'm just pointing out that GE can be worth $100 even if you must pay the entire application fee yourself.
Absolutely! Especially as it's for 5 years!
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Agree. Paid for itself the first time I used it, international flight was delayed and would have missed my connection if it wasn't for Global Entry. I live near the Windsor land crossing and it's paid for itself being able to use the nexus lanes (I just wish those lanes were open later on weekends).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.