Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Help: Earning MQM on partner Xiamen Airlines in S

Old Feb 20, 19, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Exec Platinum, Former Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, United Silver

Hi, before I book a ticket, I知 looking for a little confirmation on how MQM痴 are earned on partner airlines. For background, I no longer have any status with Delta after being Diamond for many years, but I知 less than 30K MQM from million miler.
There are lots of flights later this year from JFK to several destinations in China using Xiamen airlines is coach (S) class for under $600. Do these earn MQM痴 or is this a fare that won稚 count?
Thanks.
Old Feb 20, 19, 2:28 pm

Programs: Delta DM, AS MVP Gold 75K
Use this link, scroll down to Xiamen, and click on the earning box...

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html

OPS
Old Feb 20, 19, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Exec Platinum, Former Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, United Silver
Originally Posted by mattya9 View Post
Use this link, scroll down to Xiamen, and click on the earning box...

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html

OPS
Thanks. I read this, but I just want to make sure I知 not missing something (and I知 not a lawyer, lol).
If these flights were booked directly on Xiamen, is that a Skyteam marketed flight?? I知 just a bit confused. Thanks for the help.
Old Feb 20, 19, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by lrbenko View Post

Thanks. I read this, but I just want to make sure I’m not missing something (and I’m not a lawyer, lol).
If these flights were booked directly on Xiamen, is that a Skyteam marketed flight?? I’m just a bit confused. Thanks for the help.
The IATA code for Xiamen is MF. If the flight number starts with MF, then that flight is "marketed" by Xiamen and if credited to DL, the Xiamen SkyMiles earning chart would apply.
lrbenko likes this.
Old Feb 20, 19, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnbp View Post
The IATA code for Xiamen is MF. If the flight number starts with MF, then that flight is "marketed" by Xiamen and if credited to DL, the Xiamen SkyMiles earning chart would apply.
Thank you for the help. Just so I'm clear (and please forgive me), by credited to Delta, you mean just putting your Skymiles number in during the booking, correct?
Old Feb 20, 19, 9:46 pm

Programs: DL PM
Thank you for the help. Just so I'm clear (and please forgive me), by credited to Delta, you mean just putting your Skymiles number in during the booking, correct?
Yes, exactly. The DL MQM and mileage charts only apply to flights that are credited to the DL Skymiles program.
Old Feb 20, 19, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnbp View Post
Yes, exactly. The DL MQM and mileage charts only apply to flights that are credited to the DL Skymiles program.
Thank you for your help. I think Delta may have an issue with the MF "S" class. But I may have found a Delta metal solution to this problem as well. Thanks again.
Old Feb 21, 19, 4:25 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, UA Gold/1MM, AA GLD
Make sure to double check that your skymiles number is on the reservation at checkin and is physically printed on the boarding passes. Keep your boarding passes until the miles actually credit. This may take a few weeks. When I fled Xiamen last year, only 3 of my 4 segments credited so I had to send them a copy of the boarding pass that didnt credit.
lrbenko likes this.
Old Feb 21, 19, 6:59 am

Programs: DL Diam 2MM, HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Thank you for your help. I think Delta may have an issue with the MF "S" class. But I may have found a Delta metal solution to this problem as well. Thanks again.
right MF S according to the chart doesn稚 earn at all.
lrbenko likes this.

Search this Thread