Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Economy Comfort vs Exit Row

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ijgordon
FWIW, the 319 I was on the other day did not have restricted armrests; tray tables pulled down from the seat in front, and had a long "extention" to pull toward you. So exit row aisle was a *great* seat.
I think this varies by plane type, and not sure how accurate or up-to-date SeatGuru is on this topic.

And I also noticed a surprising dearth of people surge forward when SkyPriority boarding was called.
It does depend on the plane.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
For me, definitely exit row aisle. 737, second exit row aisle (row 18). 319, exit window with no seat in front of me. More legroom than F. When I get those seats, I make sure that uncheck the C+ upgrade option.

Last edited by divrdrew; Feb 19, 2019 at 1:57 pm
Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
I take the exit row seat the vast majority of the time, especially on TPAC and TATL flights.
Same, although OP is right—I think I might reconsider now if I weren't Diamond. At least on domestics where jostling for bag space is a bigger problem.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by loratliff
Same, although OP is right—I think I might reconsider now if I weren't Diamond. At least on domestics where jostling for bag space is a bigger problem.
In general, I find that boarding as SkyPriority avoids most of the overhead bin space scrum. That said, on a recent full flight the FA was guarding the overhead bin space for those in the exit row. I boarded nearly last in an exit row and had room for my bag.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: Delta GM
Always take C+. Anything I can do to pad a FO's upgrade rate.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
DM here and PM for the past few years. Have always been able to get C+ at booking if available, so my choice is based on exactly what is available at booking. If there's a C+ aisle, I'll take it (or C+ bulkhead window if it's a shorter flight). Otherwise I'll find a nice aisle seat further back and only leave the FC upgrade box checked. I will not roll the dice on C+ upgrades.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:20 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Zorak
Will see what the options are when she checks in...
"She" just checked in (cough) and although I missed it the first time, and afterward the "upgrade request" section said "No changes permitted at this time", I found it by repeating the check-in process -- on the very first check-in screen, when it shows the itinerary in the left hand column, clicking on "Upgrade Requested" (for F) brought up a dialog where it was possible to manage C+ as well:

Old Hickory likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.