Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ike's at MSP

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by microsux
In talking to the host of the PGA Lounge, Ike's, with a limited menu, will be available once the kitchen for the PGA Lounge is completed, but it will only support the PGA Lounge not open to the general public.
Does that mean I won't be able to just grab a $15 voucher and head downstairs to get a couple bottles of water and some snacks? Because that's been my favorite thing to do with that "lounge".
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
Originally Posted by xiphoid76
I loved Ike's. If you have time, there is still the one downtown - right on the light rail you can take from the airport.
They also removed Rock Bottom.
The saddest move will be the end of French Meadow coming in a month or so.
That will leave that corner of the main concourse at MSP open for complete renovation.
Hurts those who have Priority Pass lounge access as they used to give you a 15 dollar voucher for those three restaurants when you checked in.

Based on other posters, I must be in the minority... but never was a fan of French Meadow. Probably because I always felt ripped off with the $15 Priority Pass voucher. Everything was so expensive for what you got... and it irked me to no end that I couldn't even get a sandwich and drink or side from that place without going over the voucher limit. But maybe I should be frustrated with the lousy voucher more.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
The last time I was in MSP they had walled off the little food court near the C12 SkyClub which had a Chick-Fil-A. Has this reopened?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ND76
The last time I was in MSP they had walled off the little food court near the C12 SkyClub which had a Chick-Fil-A. Has this reopened?
It was walled off when I was there last but that has been a couple of months.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by ND76
It's still walled off. It claims to be opening "Spring 2019". There is a new Chick-Fil-A open in F concourse approximately mid-way to the end.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Ike's was pretty good depending on what you ordered. It's ambiance felt less like an airport restaurant than most.

I have to laugh though, those complaining about the prices at an airport... is anything NOT overpriced? I mean 3.95 for a bottle of water... even CFA costs more. My point is within reason I don't use prices as a factor in my evaluation of a airport restaurant.
MSPeconomist and apodo77 like this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by third_wave
It's still walled off. It claims to be opening "Spring 2019". There is a new Chick-Fil-A open in F concourse approximately mid-way to the end.
I believe Chik-Fil-A finally opened last week. The rest of that food court was already open.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
Ike’s and Rock Bottom Brewery will be replaced by The Cook and the Ox, LeeAnn Chin, and Caribou Coffee. As I understand it, The Cook and the Ox will go into Ike’s and Leeann Chin will go into Rock Bottom. I’m not sure where Caribou will go but perhaps it will go into that Starbucks location since the latter has that new place in the center of the mall.
In addition to these, People’s Organic will take over the old French Meadow location. Interestingly, the woman who founded French Meadow also founded People’s Organic.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:56 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by defrosted
I have to laugh though, those complaining about the prices at an airport... is anything NOT overpriced?
Not MSP, but I ate dinner at the Carrabba's on Concourse C in ATL a few days ago, and they charged me $45.00 before the tip for a plate of chicken marsala which came with a side salad, and one glass of Pinot Grigio. Somewhere around a 50% markup over what this would cost in a non-airport Carrabba's.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
This may be heretical but I have to be honest that I don't think French Meadow at MSP is very good. The original one on Lyndale is pretty good, but the food at the airport always seems not well prepared, IMO. I'm still sad that Surdyk's left.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Sky Club
Good riddance to Rock Bottom. Dirty tap lines and a aged/sticky restaurant. Will miss French Meadow.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by defrosted
Ike's was pretty good depending on what you ordered. It's ambiance felt less like an airport restaurant than most.

I have to laugh though, those complaining about the prices at an airport... is anything NOT overpriced? I mean 3.95 for a bottle of water... even CFA costs more. My point is within reason I don't use prices as a factor in my evaluation of a airport restaurant.
OK, it was MORE overpriced than most at an airport. And the few times I went there, my food wasn't good for ANY PRICE value. If it is overpriced, at least I want it to be good.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by indufan
OK, it was MORE overpriced than most at an airport. And the few times I went there, my food wasn't good for ANY PRICE value. If it is overpriced, at least I want it to be good.
Fair enough. I honestly hadn't noticed it costing more than any other table service airport restaurant, but I haven't been in years. Mostly because I don't fly through MSP often. I was considering Ike's for next month, but thanks to this thread I know to reevaluate.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by indufan
Maybe a touch of hyperbole if you are claiming getting Ike's for $.01 wouldn't be a good value?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by mnbp
Ike's is gone - as part of a larger, airport-wide initiative to replace/refresh all airport concessions.

Here's a list of the new dining options at MSP, both currently open as well as "coming soon" (that is, later in 2019).

http://reimaginemsp.com/dining/
Haven't gone through MSP in a while but will be on a few flights soon. This makes it sound like a lot of restaurants/bars are closed at the same time.
Still plenty of options for food and drink?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.