Wiki Posts
Search

Ike's at MSP

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Ike's at MSP

Sorry if there is a better place for this thread/question. Posting here in DL as MSP is a hub.

I noticed back in early December that Ike's in Concourse F has been replaced, so we ate at Ike's in the MSP Mall Area. My spouse reports as of late January Ike's in the Mall is under renovation. Does anyone know if it has re-opened yet, or a timeline to completion? I will be passing through MSP the first week of March and Ike's has been a long-time favorite of mine as far as airport restaurants go.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:06 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
Sorry if there is a better place for this thread/question. Posting here in DL as MSP is a hub.

I noticed back in early December that Ike's in Concourse F has been replaced, so we ate at Ike's in the MSP Mall Area. My spouse reports as of late January Ike's in the Mall is under renovation. Does anyone know if it has re-opened yet, or a timeline to completion? I will be passing through MSP the first week of March and Ike's has been a long-time favorite of mine as far as airport restaurants go.
Ike's is gone - as part of a larger, airport-wide initiative to replace/refresh all airport concessions.

Here's a list of the new dining options at MSP, both currently open as well as "coming soon" (that is, later in 2019).

http://reimaginemsp.com/dining/
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
Ike’s will be missed
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:37 am

I loved Ike's. If you have time, there is still the one downtown - right on the light rail you can take from the airport.
They also removed Rock Bottom.
The saddest move will be the end of French Meadow coming in a month or so.
That will leave that corner of the main concourse at MSP open for complete renovation.
Hurts those who have Priority Pass lounge access as they used to give you a 15 dollar voucher for those three restaurants when you checked in.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by RRDD
Ike’s will be missed
Not by me. I thought it was overpriced crap.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Did any of you ever interact with the dark haired hostess? My wife asked her if they served chicken wings and she said she had no idea - so I figured hmm the menu must have hundreds of items for her not to know. Three weeks later we were back and asked again if they served chicken wings and she still had no idea!!! The super old white lady was an amazing waitress but I agree that is was overpriced crap which we only ate at because of priority pass.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by xiphoid76
I loved Ike's. If you have time, there is still the one downtown - right on the light rail you can take from the airport.
They also removed Rock Bottom.
The saddest move will be the end of French Meadow coming in a month or so.
That will leave that corner of the main concourse at MSP open for complete renovation.
Hurts those who have Priority Pass lounge access as they used to give you a 15 dollar voucher for those three restaurants when you checked in.
Hopefully these will be replaced with other options for those who have Priority Pass. There are plenty of good restaurants in the MSP main concourse that I wish qualified for the PP credit currently.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by xiphoid76
the saddest move will be the end of french meadow coming in a month or so.
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Ike’s and Rock Bottom Brewery will be replaced by The Cook and the Ox, LeeAnn Chin, and Caribou Coffee. As I understand it, The Cook and the Ox will go into Ike’s and Leeann Chin will go into Rock Bottom. I’m not sure where Caribou will go but perhaps it will go into that Starbucks location since the latter has that new place in the center of the mall.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta PLAT, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
In talking to the host of the PGA Lounge, Ike's, with a limited menu, will be available once the kitchen for the PGA Lounge is completed, but it will only support the PGA Lounge not open to the general public.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
The DTW "upgrade" also killed one of my faves -- my beloved Slapshotz sports bar
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
Ike’s and Rock Bottom Brewery will be replaced by The Cook and the Ox, LeeAnn Chin, and Caribou Coffee. As I understand it, The Cook and the Ox will go into Ike’s and Leeann Chin will go into Rock Bottom. I’m not sure where Caribou will go but perhaps it will go into that Starbucks location since the latter has that new place in the center of the mall.
Is the Cook and the Ox an outpost of the Butcher and the Boar at about 11th and Hennepin in downtown Minneapolis? (I hope not.)

I still miss Syrdiks or however it's spelled at the airport. I was convenient to have the option of purchasing a bottle of wine at the airport after security.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by koreanair720
The DTW "upgrade" also killed one of my faves -- my beloved Slapshotz sports bar
And I preferred National Coney Island over the poor coney excuse they have now. Overall, I have seen this in a few places like SLC that the "new and improved" options aren't in my view. I know you can't please everyone. Now, the Shake Shack at ATL is a different story.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is the Cook and the Ox an outpost of the Butcher and the Boar at about 11th and Hennepin in downtown Minneapolis? (I hope not.)
It is.

Emphasizing local names, MSP Airport adding 25-plus new restaurants - StarTribune.com
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Thanks for the informative replies. I had seen the Reimagine MSP site before, but had thought it strange to not see a mention of Ike’s and their renovation. Makes sense now that they are not reopening in the airport. I will always have fond memories of their burgers and strong drinks. I have intentionally booked through MSP many times soley for Ike’s (OK, also because I can’t stand SEA).

I see a few interesting places in the G concourse I will have to check out on my 2.5 hr layover in a few weeks. I always enjoyed Ike’s as it was somewhat secluded and could take my time during a connection.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.