Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Calculating MQDs from an Expedia Vacation Bundle

Old Feb 17, 19, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO

Hi all! Trying to calculate a how many MQDs I will earn on a vacation package we bought through Expedia. We bought flights+hotels and saved a good chunk of change but I cannot figure out how many MQDs I will get. The flight there SFO-CDG-MAD is all on AF so that will be easy to figure out, the return is DL MAD-ATL-SFO so that becomes a little more challenging. Anyone know where I could find out this info?

Also odd, when I pull up my reservation on the DL app I only get CDG-MAD-ATL-SFO segments but not the SFO-CDG. I am less concerned about that since it is fine on the AF website so I know it's there somewhere.
Old Feb 17, 19, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
you won't be able to figure it out until it posts. package pricing is intentionally deceptive because neither the airline nor the hotel what you to know what price you paid (compared to the retail rate).
Old Feb 17, 19, 7:37 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, AA, UA, BA
I have beaucoup experience with this. Gitismatt is mistaken. On exception fares, DL doesn't base the miles on the fare, but on distance flown. Same thing for any AF ticketed flights.

You'll have to find the fare class. It'll be listed on the Expedia itinerary under the flight number. For the Air France leg, you 'll have to use the AF conversion table here https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html in combination with the number of miles flown. For the DL leg--use the page for "exception fares." https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...res.html/#earn This will also be based on a percentage of miles flown.

You can actually make a killing on these package flights. I had a biz class to Rome for 5 nights that only cost $1900, but earned me tons of miles AND MQMs.
Fes426 likes this.

Last edited by hotturnip; Feb 17, 19 at 7:38 pm Reason: misspelling
Old Feb 17, 19, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO
Oh wow didn't know about Exception Fares, great find and excellent information. if my math works out, the itinerary is as follows (class in parenthesis):
SFO-CDG (V)
CDG-MAD (L)
MAD-ATL (V)
ATL-SFO (V)

Should net us around $1000 MQDs.....on a ticket that we paid $900 per person for flights+hotel

Last edited by Fes426; Feb 17, 19 at 8:24 pm