Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta employees receive $1.3 billion in profit sharing payout.

Old Feb 16, 19, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold

Visconti, Widgets, ab2013 and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 16, 19, 7:26 am

A bonus at 14% of your annual is pretty good amount.
Old Feb 16, 19, 10:57 am

Programs: DL GM, AS MVP, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Kudos to DL management for sharing financial success with the employees. Not a lot of employers do this. 14% of annual is pretty much top among all US airlines.

AA: 1.4%
UA: 2.7%
AS: 6.5%
WN: 10.8%
Old Feb 16, 19, 11:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
Does anyone know what employees are eligible for the bonus program?
Old Feb 16, 19, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
I'm guessing that DL figures that they would have to spend that much to fight a union anyways, so may as well fight the unionization efforts this way.

In other words, well I think it's great, I'm not totally convinced that DL is somehow uniquely benevolent among airlines. Rather, I think they find themselves in a unique economic and labor dynamic in which they are both very successful and also the only legacy airline to not be fully unionized, and are acting in the best interest of the company.
Old Feb 16, 19, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
Originally Posted by LizGross144 View Post
Almost all of them, I believe.

Do you have specific questions on eligibility?
Old Feb 16, 19, 1:17 pm

All employees except General Managers, Directors, Officers, subsidiary employees. I think the limit for merit employees is Grade 11+ arenít eligible. The vast majority of employees are eligible. All mainline frontline customer service staff are eligible.
Old Feb 16, 19, 1:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
Thank you - basically I was curious to now if this included all the frontline staff. Since the release said "eligible" employees would receive a 14% bonus, it's impossible to know what it actually meant without disclosing eligibility (which the release did not do). This is great, and I'm glad to see "my" airline do it.
Old Feb 16, 19, 1:46 pm

Thank you - basically I was curious to now if this included all the frontline staff. Since the release said "eligible" employees would receive a 14% bonus, it's impossible to know what it actually meant without disclosing eligibility (which the release did not do). This is great, and I'm glad to see "my" airline do it.
i don't know for Delta specifically but common to not include employees on probation either because new and still in probationary period or under some sort of corrective plan for poor employee performance. Might be why it says eligible employees.
Old Feb 16, 19, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Jon_R View Post

i don't know for Delta specifically but common to not include employees on probation either because new and still in probationary period or under some sort of corrective plan for poor employee performance. Might be why it says eligible employees.
Any employee who works one day (and isn't excluded by the above list) in the prior year is eligible.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: