Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OpUp on KE or MU

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by wxman22
Thanks Everyone.
That's good to know and I wlll give it a try.
As I said, I did get an exit row at check-in, but would be nice to know before hand.
KE, like all other Korean airlines (I think it may have something to do with local regs), will not ever assign exit row seats in advance or for OLCI. Those are always only available at physical check-in at the airport, as they have to ensure that the passenger meets the criteria (that's why I think it's local regs). Few pax ask for it, and as it is always blocked off until airport control, you may sometimes get the entire exit row to yourself.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by RealHJ
KE, like all other Korean airlines (I think it may have something to do with local regs), will not ever assign exit row seats in advance or for OLCI. Those are always only available at physical check-in at the airport, as they have to ensure that the passenger meets the criteria (that's why I think it's local regs). Few pax ask for it, and as it is always blocked off until airport control, you may sometimes get the entire exit row to yourself.
Thanks. Good to know.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by wxman22
Thanks. Good to know.
I've heard (don't know if it's true) that some pax call airport at 24 hours out (or whenever the flights go under airport control) and ask for exit row seats then. That was quite a few years ago, and can't speak to the veracity of it. Anyhow, usually there are exit row seats available at the normal time of airport check-in, just ask for it specifically.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:40 pm
cmx

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, AS MVP, SW ALP and CP, b6 Mosaic, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Gold
In late 2017, I got an opup (along with a DM companion) PVG-LAX on MU. Definitely a top 5 greatest travel surprise given that I was in 73H or something like that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.