Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DM status and preferred seating

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:53 am

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
But as a DM cant you do a SDC change to any seat available if booked in Comfort Plus but need same fare class if booked in Y? At least thats why Ive booked C+ the few times (Am I wrong?)
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Had your flight actually ticketed? DL often won't show other cabins until your flight actually tickets.

This happens fairly often when I'm on corporate travel -- it only gives me access to non-preferred, non-C+ seats until the flight actually tickets at which point it gives me access to preferred (and also clears me as PM into C+ when/where applicable).
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by pulpfiction78
Hi, couldn't find an answer to this. Apologies if it's obvious..

I'm DM and just booked a W (C+) fare on a domestic leg. I tried to pick an exit row seat but Delta.com told me the seat was preferred and unavailable to me. I read online somewhere that said preferred seating should be available to DM. I asked Delta via Twitter and the agent said that I could only pick a seat in the C+ cabin. During booking the preferred seat showed as available, and after booking if I look at the seatmap my only choices are the available C+ seats.
This is where the AA website is much better. I log in and as an EXP the site recognizes me and I can book into any Y seat available. Even as a DM, DL does not recognize your status, so you book a regular Y seat and then wait for the STUPID... "You've been Upgraded... to C+" email after purchase so that you can then select the best seat for you including C+. Waste of time and rework.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Quinlanty
But as a DM cant you do a SDC change to any seat available if booked in Comfort Plus but need same fare class if booked in Y? At least thats why Ive booked C+ the few times (Am I wrong?)
Correct. Purchased C+ gets this benefit while C+ upgrades on Y fares do not and I can imagine that being a good enough reason for many if you need flexibility. Note that you don't have to be a DM to SDC to any C+ seat available on C+ fares, but anyone less than Gold will potentially be subject to SDC fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.