Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

I asked a passenger to put away his laptop

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I asked a passenger to put away his laptop

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ChuckieB
The rule about last row seats not reclining has always bugged me, too, whether in the last row of F or Y. If the issue was related to fears about people sliding out from under their seatbelts I'd MAYBE understand it, but that's not the stated reason for the rule. if there's not a row of seats or a door behind mine, so what if I'm slightly reclined?

In the end though, I think the rules allow for minimal interpretation mostly to give the FAs (and TSA, for that matter) a hard and fast rule that they can fall back on vice allowing/forcing them to make judgement calls which will definitely result in tremendous whining about unfair treatment. While it's somewhat inconvenient for us, I'd imagine it makes a sometimes PITA job a bit easier.
Just gonna quote myself rather than rewrite it:
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

It’s not just about the row behind you though that is one of the primary factors. It’s also about you egressing from your own seat (easier to do when it’s fully upright) and for your body to be in the best possible position for withstanding whiplash (or minimizing the damage) should a hard deceleration (or worse) occur during takeoff or landing. The seat is also not locked when it’s not in the upright position. You may not think any of this makes much of a difference, and maybe in economy it seems like very little since the recline is minimal but it’s still a difference.

Last edited by ATOBTTR; Feb 12, 2019 at 10:12 am
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:41 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Hello Everyone,

I have just closed this thread. I don't think its providing much value to the overall discussion of Delta Sky Miles and has gone a bit off track.

Ryandc99, Delta Sky Miles
ChuckieB, rickg523 and FlyBitcoin like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.