FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   No longer provided option to request comfort+ upgrade without Middle Seat (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1955762-no-longer-provided-option-request-comfort-upgrade-without-middle-seat.html)

rikramer Feb 11, 2019 11:21 am

No longer provided option to request comfort+ upgrade without Middle Seat

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I vividly recall the Delta app allowing me to request an update to Comfort+ aisle or window only. I just booked two flights for later this week and in both cases, I am unable to check the box to the request a comfort+ upgrade but it states : "Aisle, middle, or window seats will be assigned based on availability". Did something change with the app? Or the ability to request a non-middle seat?

*I recently became Platinum if that might have changed something for me*

ethernal Feb 11, 2019 11:25 am

This option only becomes available at check-in. Pre-checkin options do not allow you to differentiate.

rikramer Feb 11, 2019 2:27 pm

Interesting. Thank you. One of the flights actually alerted me that I had been upgraded to Comfort+ without moving me into the section. Once I got the notice, I went in the app and selected a window seat on my own. So it appears that I can still get upgraded to Comfort+ without actually checking the box.....the system just wont move me automatically into an open comfort+ seat in this circumstance. Is my understanding correct?

kunosoura Feb 11, 2019 3:19 pm

If you just made Platinum you should be able to go in and select yourself some comfort plus seats at no cost. I don't believe you have to wait for them to do it for you. Give it a shot and see if it works.

ethernal Feb 11, 2019 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by rikramer (Post 30766055)
Interesting. Thank you. One of the flights actually alerted me that I had been upgraded to Comfort+ without moving me into the section. Once I got the notice, I went in the app and selected a window seat on my own. So it appears that I can still get upgraded to Comfort+ without actually checking the box.....the system just wont move me automatically into an open comfort+ seat in this circumstance. Is my understanding correct?

Correct.. assuming seats are available. A lot of the time (or at least a lot of the time for me.. like every flight ;)) you will end up waitlisted and you can click the button and it will auto-upgrade you once a seat is available.

xliioper Feb 11, 2019 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by kunosoura (Post 30766250)
If you just made Platinum you should be able to go in and select yourself some comfort plus seats at no cost. I don't believe you have to wait for them to do it for you. Give it a shot and see if it works.

Upgrade must be processed first (to SU class) . Might require re-entering your SM number (assuming OPs account is actually showing as Plat).