Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

FO Turns Down Upgrade to 1st Class. Huh?

FO Turns Down Upgrade to 1st Class. Huh?

Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I confused an ORD SkyClub agent last year by turning down an upgrade on ORD-SEA from 10C to 1A on a 319. C+ wasn't even half full and I had 10ABC to myself. It was a breakfast flight and I wasn't going to eat or have booze on the plane anyway.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by RRDD
- C+ overheads are empty, FC overheads are full.
??? Because it takes too much effort to go back a few rows to get your carryon?
jinglish likes this.

Last edited by indufan; Feb 11, 2019 at 12:31 pm
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CarmenOM
The F seats are also about 3” wider, another comfort factor.
Definitely, although for me the width issue is more about shoulder room, which is fine in coach with nobody on either side of me. (My shoulders actually are fairly broad )
The thigh issue is secondary, but again, fine in a regular seat with a regular armrest; the bulkheads and certain exit rows (including on the CR7/9s) are a tad restricting.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some of the posts in this thread can be described by the "word" humblebrag.
CarmenOM likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by indufan
Short flight, C+ row to myself, tight connection: not having to swim upstream to get back to my bag at the end of the flight could easily push me over the edge not to accept an upgrade.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by indufan
I dunno, have you been on a plane lately and had to do the salmon trick to get your bag?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:15 pm

Lol please just delete this thread. Some Delta intern is going to stumble upon this and give a presentation based on their "research" that FO don't want or care about upgrades anymore. I can already see it now in 2020 no more first class upgrades, but don't worry we will be sending you a sweet bag tag instead.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I would've kept the upgrade
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:07 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, Platinum Premier Elite with Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
I'm mixed about this situation. If it was a single seat on the left then I probably would have taken it. However if I had the option between the dual seat side or an entire C+ row to myself. I'd probably stay in C+. I still get free drinks plus I can spread out a bit more and relax.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by gitismatt
I dunno, have you been on a plane lately and had to do the salmon trick to get your bag?
Actually, no, I don't. I wait for those around me to depart and then go back. It is like 60 seconds.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by seatacpilot
I'm mixed about this situation. If it was a single seat on the left then I probably would have taken it. However if I had the option between the dual seat side or an entire C+ row to myself. I'd probably stay in C+. I still get free drinks plus I can spread out a bit more and relax.
I can't remember the last time I didn't sit in first-class on a CRJ-900. Do the "comfort-plus" seats in the first row of second-class have moveable armrests? If so, then I might consider second-class over first-class if, and only if, the other seat or seats were also empty.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.