2019 Medallion packets

Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nothing received and it is almost end of April.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: DL PM
For what its worth, I got the same end of April response as of yesterday, so seems they are sticking to it.

Old Apr 24, 2019, 3:42 pm

Well, received package today. Not bad, 3 months late. First, glad they are metal. I dont think the finish will hold up long. They will go on my checked bags (which is almost never). I think I will keep my 2017 tags on my carry ons. Same color, raised logo, really good finish, just coming apart on one edge. I will "body work" it a bit and fuse it with epoxy. Qualified last year, but got no new tags. Qualified for Diamond next year last month. I hope whoever's in charge of these tags can get some helping hints from 2017 person in charge of same. I fly mostly intl. Tags DO help! Agents DO notice them. Attendants DO notice them. It's not for "Hey this guy is SOMEBODY!" acknowledgement. Its them realizing that I live out of my carry ons. I usually have snug, but proven doable connections. I usually have several (5-6+) flights in a row...flew 10,000 miles yesterday, 5 flights, 12 time zones...and if I miss a flight or lose my bags the consequences are a MAJOR problem! Gate check doesn't work out. Even when I have to fly non Skyteam(rarely), other airlines with different requirements notice the tags and have let me slide. Thank you Delta for the metal tags for these reasons above. Have only seen a few of the red MM tags. They're noticeable, but would still rather have those funds allocated to better DM tags and MMs put back on, with SM # on back...just in case. Just my thoughts...
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
So what's the point of these packets without membership cards? I tossed the (somehow even cheaper looking) tags.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: Delta PM & 2.4M+ Miles - Bonvoy - Lifetime Titanium - DL AMEX Reserve
Not a thing for me yet - I run to the mailbox each day in anticipation...
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by GregInMN
Ha well as a fellow Minnesotan Im guessing we are in the same boat!
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by GregInMN
Assume you're joking, but the United States Postal Service has a free service called "Informed Delivery". I get an email each day with scanned images of the mail that will be delivered that day.
GregInMN likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
I get an email each day with scanned images of the mail that will be delivered that day.
Or about half the time a generic graphic with the message we don't have a scan of the item.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:54 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by WWads
So what's the point of these packets without membership cards? I tossed the (somehow even cheaper looking) tags.
JWD certificates for PM/DM
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
obviously no PM packet, though today is the last day of April...
Old Apr 30, 2019, 1:28 pm

Old May 7, 2019, 9:42 pm

Programs: golden pleb
Lengthy time (6+ mo) to ship Medallion welcome kit / bag tag?

Realize it's a little thing / first-world problem - but after flying enough to make DL PM in 2018, I requested a welcome kit / bag tag. Multiple times now it's been 'delayed' per the Twitter team - at first to mid-Feb; checked in mid-Feb and was told via Twitter DM it would be mid-April; checked again today (as I have *still* not received) and was told mid-late June. Seems kinda crazy that the 'beginning of year' kit would be mailed out halfway through the year

Has anyone else experienced delays of a sizable proportion like this?
Old May 7, 2019, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by silverbullet75
Realize it's a little thing / first-world problem - but after flying enough to make DL PM in 2018, I requested a welcome kit / bag tag. Multiple times now it's been 'delayed' per the Twitter team - at first to mid-Feb; checked in mid-Feb and was told via Twitter DM it would be mid-April; checked again today (as I have *still* not received) and was told mid-late June. Seems kinda crazy that the 'beginning of year' kit would be mailed out halfway through the year

Has anyone else experienced delays of a sizable proportion like this?
nearly the same experience
Old May 8, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Im a DM and still havent received either my DM or MM packet...
Old May 8, 2019, 11:16 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by WWads
Dont throw them away, people pay a lot of money for them on eBay (for some reason?)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.